Deception

Today me and Rin have a date. And even though I have only been dating him for two weeks now I am sure we are meant to last a while. Or at least I hope. I really hope. we are going to a really fancy resturaunt so my Dad, who loves Rin, bought me a long flowy red dress. As I zip it up, all the little prongs making noise along the way. I feel like Cinderella, on my way to the ball. And at midnight I will have to dash away as I turn back into a lowly maid.

    But the happy thing about this date is that at midnight I don't have to rush away, because even if in some magical way I do turn back into my lowly old normal self I know Rin will keep on loving me. That I don't have to be prim and perfect to be with him because he loves me for me. Not for some superficial reason that I can't see.

    I put on some black flats and rush into the bathroom, checking my hair curler to see if is hot. I have a super surprise for Rin. I died my hair again. Back to my natural color. And don't be alarmed and don't think I am lying when I say this but my hair is black again. It wont stay like this don't worry. I love my pink hair. But for the night I want to look elegant and maybe for a little while after. Anything for my prince charming, the man I love. The one I will wait for, chase after, and let be my one and only.

    After my step mother, who has surprisingly mellowed out in the last couple weeks does my hair and make up my dad drives me to Coexist. I walk in check in and sit down at a table in the  and wait for Rin. Next thing I know he is walking in and smiling across the room at me. At the moment I want nothing but to stay in this moment forever just memorize each and every detail about him. But then that moment it so over and he is now making his way through the isles of tables and making his way to me.

        "Happy two week anniversary."He says sitting down across from me, a big old grin on his face.

        "Aww thank you baby. Happy anniversary to you too."He smiles and takes my hand from across the table. He smiles at me. 

        "Love you."He says squeezing my hand from across the table. I smile at him.

        "I love you too."His smile wavers then he pulls his hands back. 

        "I love your hair, by the way. Marrigold, you didn't tell me you were going to dye your hair. I liked your pink hair."His voice cracks, he looks away pushing his hand threw his hair.

    Oh god, not more secrets.

        "So what have you been up to?"I ask as the waitress comes and pours us both a glass of water.

        "Uh, not much, just been spending time with my Mom a lot."Lier, I went to your house to talk to you almost every day after school and your ass wasn't there, what are you up too.

        "Oh that's cool, I have been spending time with my step Mom lately, "Not a complete lie, but not a full truth either. "She's actually an okay person. Not as mean as before but still strict." As I am talking Rin gets a txt and he abruptly stands up.

        "I have to go, my Mom needs me and it's super important. Gadda go, love yah."He says speed walking out of the restaurant.

        "But we havn't even eaten yet. . . "I say as he leaves.

    And for the first time in a long time I go home and cry to my 'Mother'. She holds me till I cry myself to sleep. What else is going to change?