Chapter 4

Day 1: Stockholm

After I got to the mountain cabin, I opened the door and I found out that a lot of the people out there were Swedish. I was then led into the warm room by a slightly creepy-looking man. Everyone looked weirdly at me, including him. My hair was frosted and my nose was like Saint Nikolaus', because it was so cold outside.

I calmed down after that creepy man told me to feel like I was at home and I ordered my favorite hot drink and proceeded to sit down on the comfy couch. I had even turned off my phone to stop it from sending notifications, messages. I just wanted to relax and get away from my normal life.

Before I headed to Sweden, I called the vicepresident, whose reaction was chilling.

"Hello! I'm sorry for calling but I have to tell you something super significant," I began the call.

"Yes?" he repilied monotonely.

"I have to tell you that I'm heading to Sweden for a one week vacation. I'd like to ask whether you'd like to hold a presentation instead of me. I have done it but it would be great if you'd give it."

"You gonna where?! Why that sudden? Is that a joke or what?" he asked back then disturbingly. I sighed before I replied. I knew he would act that way.

"It happened to me suddenly, even. My friend organized me without tellin' me in first hand. I'm so sorry about it, but I have only hope for you."

"Why don't you ask someone else to do that presentation?"

"I cannot ask someone else to do it because it is a crucial issue that needs to be dealt with by someone higher up. Investor pitches need to be discussed, since I haven't talked about it yet," I said seriously.

"Okay, fine, I'll do it. I don't want to get caught up in any scandals, so I must give up," he agreed and warned me.

As I had enough of wondering about that condition, after 2 hours of sitting and "resting" I headed outside. I walked on a snowy road which led to...I have no clue where. As I strolled along the path with spooky trees, I put my hands in my pockets. A few minutes later, after wanderi for a while, I saw someone. It was a dark figure, so I couldn't tell if it was she or he. I made my way closer to it.

"Herregud! Någon kommer! En stilig karl! Finally someone's walking here. And just in time! " The woman who told it slowly turned around. Her eyes got really big as she saw me, standing there like a statue, facing her with shock. She was that woman! She began walking towards me. I could not look down at her for a while until I stepped back a bit to be in a "safe zone".

"IT'S YOU! What are you doing here?!" I said sharply and I messed up my hair. I now looked at her. As a response, she looked weirdly at me. She laughed, but her laughter lasted only for a moment.

"I could ask you the same thing. Don't get me wrong, but you were the one who approached me."

"I didn't know you were here. Speaking of it, this isn't funny at all," I said and clenched my fists in my pockets. It took me a while to realize how annoyed I had become.

"I'm here to take pictures of the winter wonderland. I was even here yesterday," she hurriedly explained. Seeing how angry she was, and not because of the frostiness, I started to sense a shame and pity.

"I'm capturing happy moments of the winter," she repeated herself as if I didn't hear her.

"How childish response from you! I have no idea if you were here yesterday or not, but don't pull a prank on me, because we met each other a few hours ago. And I saved you! Perhaps you have no good explanation for why you are here after all. Don't make up childish things! It won't work out on me. Is this how you speak with others?" I asked.