Chapter 37

A/N: Thank you for reading my story! You're about to read chapter 37!

***

On the next day, as I was sitting patiently at my office for hours, someone knocked on the door. I said: "come on in," and Ashley came in shyly. She seemed a bit confused and terrified as she looked at me weirdly.

"Come on, what's the deal now?" I asked indifferently as she sat down on my couch, and faced me almost across the room.

"You know...I have something I want to ask you," she explained shyly as she peered at me. I rolled my eyes as if I knew what she was planning to say.

"What's it now?"

"I would like to ask you for advice."

"Huh, advice? For what? Dating advice, right?" I smirked wickedly.

"Ah, it's nothing like that, you know! Or if it's about it, then it's not that obvious."

"Yeah, yeah, you ran into trouble trying to figure out what to wear to impress a Swedish man, don't you?" I said and scoffed. She blushed briefly before turning serious.

"Well, it's not like that...Alright, I wanna ask you if you could just tell me where we could go out for dinner with Lars. As he wanted to dine out tonight, I couldn't come up with anything, and he had no ideas either."

So, she was indeed also into dining out as I expected. I was slightly silent after she said it until I replied. It took me some time to get used to that idea. It was something I had been waiting for, and it happened so quickly.

"Oh, so that bothers you, haha? You fool! Why you ask it from me?" I asked and tried to appear indifferent and cold.

"Because I have no one else to ask it from."

"Hmmm...I don't think that this lie is wise in this situation," I replied and laughed again.

"I'm not lying! Come on! You know a lot of restaurants where to dine out because of your firm!"

"Yes, I do know a lot about them, and I wouldn't want you to know my top secrets!" I replied, standing up from my chair. I then walked towards her, and I leant onto the desk in front of her.

"You have to tell me where to go. Please? I don't ask you that much."

"Do I have to tell you it? Why do you expect me to give you advice about all the things you've said and done to me? Hilarious!" I said and glaced angrily at her. She sighed as she looked at my tie.

"Well, at least you could tell me one place where I can go to have dinner with my boyfriend."

"I can't. You said you hated me. I'm not playing with you! Stop fooling around!" I confessed.

"Ah, that? I hate you because you're too pushy. I hate that. But I don't hate you as an advice giver. Come on, you have to help me."

"I'm done with helping you. That's it," I replied arrogantly. The woman grunted a bit on the couch after I said that. It was clear to me that my selfishness made her uncomfortable. Standing up, she approached me. She was in front of me.

"We are not done yet!" she cried and stood up, moving closer to face me. I gulped because she leaned abruptly closer to me.

"I know you're a kind person."

"Well, what a discovery, I would say," I scoffed, but stopped when her face came closer to mine. I then blushed.

"Well, at least you could tell me one place where I can go to have dinner with my boyfriend."