Chapter 36

A/N: Thank you for reading my story! You're gonna read chapter 36!

***

After that exchange of words with Ashley, I was blanked out for some time. I wanted to impress her. I wanted to make her knees weak.

Since I had no experience with girls, I thought it was a complete failure to make her knees weak. To keep her from slipping away from my hands, I needed another plan. She seemed out of my league for a while, but she wasn't that far away.

That working day, I didn't see Ashley anymore at the company's headquarters, which was a relief, since I felt a bit embarrassed to face her after my remarks to her. My true feelings almost slipped out of my mouth when I tried to confess them to her.

While I drove back home, I thought about the conversation I had with her. Those words made me feel more impatient and worried.

"It's not your business whether Lars calls me or not! I hate you! I hate you so much!" were those words she said to me.

It bothered me a lot and I started to doubt that I could love her with all my heart. I knew once that I needed her with all my heart, but even when I tried my best to prove myself, she didn't care, and didn't see me as a man who could be all the time besides her.

"Oh, yeah, it is my business! It bothers me that he calls and meets you. Stop that from happening!" I told her back then in response to her "hating" story. It was without a doubt that I was jealous of her, and loved her with all my heart. I never believe that I could be so jealous. However, it felt like getting to her was like walking a thousand miles to reach her...

As Alex told me, I had to make something that would catch her attention. I had to make her jealous.

I held the steering wheel tightly and sighed. It was difficult to come up with something. As I glanced to the right, I saw a couple kissing on the sidewalk and remembered what my mum once told me about a blind date with Jessica.

That was the only way to make her see me as a man, who she would love more than that Swede. The only way I could get Ashley jealous and forget Lars was to pretend to date Jessica. I smiled to myself as I almost made it to my home.

***

Right after I got home from work, I got a sudden phone call. I closed my apartment's main door behind me. I then looked shockedly at the phone's screen where I found out that my mum was calling. The call was a surprise because I didn't wait for it to happen. I thought about calling her on my own, but it felt like she read my mind and called me instead.

The timing was just right, since I had figured out a plan how to make Ashley fall for me. It was also my hope that my mother would ask me if I was okay dating Jessica or not. I did not want to imply that "dating" Jessica was just a game to make Ashley jealous or to say that it would be a fake relationship.

I answered her call and asked, "What is it now?"

"Hello, dear Christian! How are you doing?" she inquired. I rolled my eyes and thought that was what she wanted to know?

"I'm fine, thank you very much for asking," I replied indifferently. I then walked to sit down on my bed in my bedroom.

"Is everything okay? You sound too arrogant. What has happened? It's been a while since I heard your voice and now it sounds so rude. Come on, you're talking with your mother!" she declared in dissapointment.