Chapter 23

A/N: Thank you for reading my story! You're about to read chapter 23!

***

That day was the day when that unfortunate woman, Ashley, was hired to work at my firm as an "official" photographer. Just thinking about it made me get chills and have strange feelings. We met over and over again in Sweden and now she wanted to get a job at my company! That sounded odd, but it all worked out in the end. When she actually worked at my company as a normal employee, I wasn't sure what to do. It made me feel strange to be surrounded by her when she was "close" to me.

While I was in my office, I was thinking about a lot of things.I had to discuss possible ideas for our devices that winter. Throughout history, our company has always celebrated its success with winter seasonal edition technology, which was only available during the winter months. In the winter we also had our company's birthday, which was also why we created limited edition winter-covered devices. Last year we produced tablets and phones with a limited edition winter cover, which was a changeable cover and the original cover was also included. Those tablets and phones sold well.

Our smart phones have also been designed to be more winter-like, not only with their covers, but also with their reduced battery life from 5000 mAh to 7500 mAh, which was ideal for those who wish to use them in the winter. It was problematic if I was using my phone in extreme weather conditions and the battery died. It happened some years ago.

"Christian, would you film us while we build a snowman with Andrew?" Alex asked some years ago while I was at their home in the winter.

"Sure. I'll start filming you now, okay?"

"Wait a bit! I need to adjust Andrew's scarf a tiny bit. It might fall off from him," Alex said and smiled as he walked towards his son. He adjusted his scarf.

"Okay, that should do it," he said as he finished adjusting. "Okay, now I think you should start filming," he added. I nodded and took out my phone. My battery showed 52% of energy and I thought I could film a lot with it. It was outside - 4 F!

After I had filmed some minutes, then my phone suddenly died.

"Ah man! What's going on with it?!" I said angrily to my phone as I turned it around and looked at it. Alex ran towards me.

"What's up?" he asked worriedly.

"My phone's battery died. I had 52% battery, and now it's dead," I said sadly.

"Were you able to save some clips still?"

"No. The phone died before I was able to save clips."

"Didn't it save them automatically?"

"No, I don't have such a feature."

"Oh no! What now? Should you use mine instead?" he offered.

"No, it's fine. The phones will shut down if the weather is cold. Since the batteries aren't that powerful, it's normal," I replied.

"Oh! But it's too bad that fun clips were missing. Ah, that weather!"

And that day, I realized that I needed to figure out something to make better devices which would cope with extreme weather conditions better.

That year I ran out of ideas and I had no idea why I was in that situation. Producing winter-themed smart phones and tablets was no longer cool. It was cheesy. Therefore, the only solution I was able to come up with was to gather my office workers to discuss what we could do that year. Due to my vacation to Sweden, we ran late with our limited edition seasonal winter devices that year. Now we had to produce it from the end of January to the first half of March instead of at the end of December to end of January.