Chapter 65

A/N: Thank you for reading my story! You're gonna read chapter 65!

***

I just wanted to ignore that call, because our lips already lost conenction. I wanted to continue where we left off, but that call really annoyed me, since it ruined our finest moment. Before taking the call, I quickly glanced over Ashley's face. She seemed to be speechless and flushed more than ever before. Of course it was embarrassing that someone called me at that time.

I wished that the call had come a few minutes later. I wanted to sink more into Ashley's beauty and let her kisses linger forever on my throbbing lips. I wanted her to kiss me until I was breathless. I was disappointed that we couldn't make properly out, but I had to take that call anyway, because it rang too long. When I didn't answer the phone right away, it seemed like the caller was getting impatient.

I reached my shaking hand towards my phone, which was still ringing. As my eyes looked at my phone's screen, I found out that Alex was calling me. I swiped to answer my phone and stood up from the couch then walked under the window. Ashley rested on the couch motionless, watching me worriedly. She rose to her elbows to see me better.

"Hey, what's up?" I asked seriously, trying my best not to sound too surprised or angry, but I didn't sound happy either as I answered my phone.

"Can you have a second to talk? I don't know if I disturbed you, but as I'm having a break right now, I had a chance to call you. This is important, I need to talk about it," Alex said with a serious tone.

"Well, I was in the middle of something, you know, but it's fine," I replied naughtily and turned around to face Ashley. She blushed even more deeply when she heard me say that. Okay, I guess I sounded a bit too naughty, but he really indeed interrupted us!

"Oh, man! I am so sorry if I disturbed you! I-I can call you later, if you're done with that thing," he replied teasingly, but sounded also a bit shocked. As I expected! Obviously! Ha! So he understood what I meant? Was he wrong about me, or did I get a wrong idea? He was the one who waited for me to get closer to Ashley, and it was almost happening.

"No, it's fine. It's nothing that important than your call. Please continue!" I told and encouraged him to continue his remarks. Why he sounded too serious?

"Ah, man, alright! If you say so. I wanted to say that I am in front of your apartment right now, so I want to meet you, because it's really not a phone call topic," he said, "If you don't believe me right now, look down," he added as I didn't give him a proper and quick response. I looked out the window. For sure, there was a tall figure standing, and perhaps waving at me. I couldn't tell if he smiled or not, but he seemed fine, since he waved, huh? He was definitely there, but what now? For a second, I panicked. I had to do something.

"Hey, man! What's wrong? Are you surprised? I am sorry if I startled you. It's not like I've been standing there for hours. Just exactly 45 minutes...," he said philosophically, but he still sounded happy. Since I lived on the highest floor of the skyscraper apartment, I didn't see his face clearly. But his tone was sincere and happy, which made me smile as well.

"Oh, I am okay. Just I am confused and shocked, but it's fine. You can come over right now, if it's such an important thing you want to talk about," I finally replied after a speechless moment. My eyes quickly fixed on Ashley, who sprang up from my couch and walked towards me, making questioning faces towards me.

Yep, she was curious to know what was going on, but it was her right to do so, so I just made with my other hand expressions to calm her down and make myself say that everything was under control. I didn't want to say loudly to her while Alex was on the phone, that he was coming over, since it was for me still crazy thing, and I didn't want to scare Ashley off because of such a matter.