Chapter 50

A/N: Thank you for reading my story! You're gonna read chapter 50! Woah, what a long ride this has already been! Thanks for following along with this story so far!

***

It has been 3 days since Andrew has been staying at my apartment. I wondered how Alex was doing in Miami, because I hadn't heard from him ever since he left. And I really didn't want to ring him up. I didn't want to disturb his "happy" time with Casey. Their busy work had kept them from taking any vacation at all from month to month, so they definitely deserved a break. Life was difficult for doctors; they needed a lot of patience, but after years of experience, they had it all. He was very enthusiastic about his job, and every day he showed up to work, his eyes still shone, despite feeling exhausted and sleepless. He was always the man with a shine in his eyes.

But I felt lonely, not only because of Alex but also because of someone who crossed my mind every day. She had disappeared, and I hadn't heard anything from her. Ah, I really missed her...but she wouldn't come back to me. She won't. And I had no inch of sleep at all because of her! I just didn't sleep, because I couldn't. She was always on my mind and it made me toss and turn back and forth in my bed. I woke up in the morning and found myself asleep on the floor, having somehow fallen out of bed.

As I changed my clothes and headed to the kitchen to prepare breakfast, I was surprised to find Andrew eating sandwiches already.

"Oh, you're awake," I said, yawning, and walked to the fridge to grab some cold water. I drank it in a hurry with loud gulps so Andrew started looking at me weirdly. Good, I was showing him my stupid side!

"Yes," Andrew replied after he stopped staring at me and took another bite of his sandwich.

"I guess I'll just make some sandwiches too," I said awkwardly as I reached into the fridge and took out the ingredients I needed. I wasn't in the mood to make eggs, because I was so tired. After I took everything I needed from the fridge, I walked to sit down behind the kitchen counter next to Andrew. My movements were very slow, so he asked,

"What's wrong?"

"I'm fine, just tired," I replied, holding a piece of toast in my trembling hand. I was so tired that even my hands trembled!

"You don't really seem so right."

"I know. I just had a bad dream," I said, as I smeared butter on my bread.

"A bad dream? Did you see monsters?" Andrew asked in horror as he suddenly stopped eating. Ah, he was so cute! His eyes grew large as he waited for my reply.

"No, it wasn't nothing like that," I said happily and patted his head, "just a bad dream, that's all."

"Okay," he answered and continued to eat his sandwich.

After we had eaten breakfast, we headed to work. When I was in my office with Andrew, and when I started to look at the clock on my computer, I started to feel something strange. I looked at the clock more than twice, but I couldn't remember what it meant. I was shocked when my secretary walked into my office after 5 minutes. She even didn't knock.

"Christian, you forgot to hold a meeting today! People were waiting for you in the conference room for hours but you didn't show up! What shall we do now?" she asked terrifiedly as she gazed at me still shocked.

"WHAT??? I forgot to hold a meeting? Ah, man, not again!" I said in shock as I sprang up from my chair. "How much am I late?" I asked nervously as I glanced at the clock on the wall.