Chapter 66

A/N: Thank you for reading my story! You're about to read chapter 66!

***

3 weeks later, 1st of April

We were in the Bahamas after a long plane flight. It was so tiring and I really wished to be on the island as soon as possible, because I really didn't enjoy flying in a plane. For me, that Sweden trip was enough for me, and it was quite a headache and obstical, but I coped fine with it, since I made back to the America.

Although I wasn't afraid of heights, nor was I afraid of the plane, but the fact that I wasn't there alone and the fact that I just had to sit there for hours, made me ill, or at least thinking about that made me queasy. That plane was comfy, but it didn't make me feel right, since it wasn't to my taste.

I knew that it was a huge airliner, where more than a hundred passengers were aboard, and it had been controlled almost entirely by artificial intelligence, which made it more scary. I wondered if those pilots really controlled the plane or piloted it? It wasn't about pressing the "autopilot" button! I guess they just sat in their cockpit, drank coffee, and talked all the way to the Bahamas, because it felt like the machine flew on its own, not that the pilots flew the massive thing by pressing buttons and holding on tight to levers. Good golly!

I wished I had the same sense of confidence and knowledge as those pilots. I was sure they knew exactly what they were doing, even if they didn't do anything, but I couldn't help but feel somewhat nervous, because I had the right to be a little tense. I just had to have some faith that the pilots were doing their jobs correctly, and did everything in their power to take the plane safely to the Bahamas.

Ah, at that point, I wished I had a private jet, where I could fly alone, in business class. Even though it was modern and full of technology, it wasn't for professionals like me, because that airliner had no business class, which was really disappointing. Of course I wanted a business class seat! It felt like that airliner wasn't even for business man like me, because it didn't meet any of my expectations besides missing business class seating. Maybe I hoped too much as usual.

Even so, I was surrounded by people I knew and that was really cool. When I got scared or was serious, I knew that someone special was sitting right next to me, for whom I could lean my head on. She was the one, I needed to comfort me the most at that time!

Whenever I felt uncomfortable, Ashley held my hand to make me feel better. Her hand was so warm and soft, that I felt to land a kiss on it every time she wrapped her hand around mine, but no, I didn't do it, since hundreds of pairs of eyes would've looked at me weirdly. Of course, we weren't the only couple there. Since all seats were taken and many men and women did not sit alone, I assume there were more couples aboard than single people.

After finally landing at the Bahamas airport, I kneeled down on solid ground, and kissed it. Thank God we made it safely! I didn't feel ashamed, even though people, including Alex, Casey, Andrew and Ashley, looked at me weirdly, as my lips touched the ground. I was so happy to touch the ground again, that and we were all fine. I guess I had a terrible secret phobia, but I didn't know until now.

I heard whistles and giggles near me. My eyes widened and I quickly gathered myself, trying to hide my fear and embarrassment as I covered with my hands my face briefly. Then with a deep breath, I straightened myself up and ran my eyes around myself, trying to act normal, even though it didn't turn out as I planned. I seemed so stupid and weird!

"Hey, Christian! What was that all about?" Alex asked suddenly, as he smirked weirdly.

"Well, right. Haha, I don't know what got into me," I lied and nervously scratched my head.