Chapter 54

A/N: Thank you for reading my story! You're about to read chapter 54!

***

I was somewhere that wasn't my home. The surrounding environment, which was white and bright, made me feel as if I was floating on the clouds. I moved a few steps forward and I realized how light and soft the walking was. It didn't seem like I was at someone's place, where the walls, ceiling and the floor were all painted white. It was something more abnormal. Then I glanced slowly at my hands, and I found out that I had on white pajamas-like clothing. The long-sleeved white pajamas covered my muscular arms, but the fabric on my skin was smooth like silk. I examined myself more. To my surprise, I wasn't wearing my favorite shoes on my feet. Instead of my usual and favourite pair, I found myself wearing fluffy and light-colored slippers. They were warm, cosy and kind of cute, because those slippers had rabbit ears on top of them. I looked like a person in an asylum, dressed in white clothes. But the more I looked at myself and around myself, the more I got nervous. I had no idea where I was, but it was so amazing to see everything so white and bright.

I moved more steps forward, and I found there some kind of house, which was also white, but its figure was just like someone had drawn its contours with a black pencil on a white sheet of paper. I wanted to head to the house without thinking about the consequences. With courage in my heart, I stepped into the house and closed the door quietly behind myself. I thought it was just an empty house, but a few seconds later, the door creaked open again, even though I had shut it. I closed it again, and I didn't let it bother me. My curious eyes swept through a huge hallway. It was a weird house, because there were nothing but white things just like everything outside of the house was all white. When I ran my fingers through my hair, I panicked. I had no idea what was going on, and everything around me was white and bright, even inside the house. I thought I was in my most wild state, and the government had sentenced me to an asylum.

I kept looking around the house, and I soon found myself in some kind of living room. When my eyes spotted some pictures on the white wall next to the fireplace, my whole body went numb. I walked closer to those pictures to see them up close. To my surprise, those pictures weren't white like other things in that house, which didn't make any sense. Those pictures were like they had to be, normal, colorful and they had memorized the best days of someone's life. 

As I examined those pictures closely with my curious sense and sharp eyes, I soon realized that the people in those pictures seemed familiar. I gently took one picture down, which was about an older lady and a young boy standing next to each other surrounded by blooming flowers. The people in that picture were familiar, and they appeared to be having a blast time together, since the flowers in that picture were fully blossomed, and those two appeared to be wearing light clothing like they were in the summer. Even the sun shone behind them so brightly in the beautiful light blue sky. I traced my fingers over that picture. Those people were so familiar, but at first, I had no idea, who they were.

Suddenly, as I was lost in my thoughts, I heard footsteps coming closer to me. I turned my head around to see, who was approaching me. After a few seconds, I wanted to drop that photo with the frame onto the floor, and let it shatter into thousands of pieces. It was a strange thing that I found in front of me my already passed grandma! She seemed so well and happy, but how was she even with me, when she had been dead for many years? I shook my head in shock and I came back to my senses. As I placed that photo back on the wall, my face was filled with a bright smile, as grandma pushed out her arms to hug me tightly.

"Christian, you're here!" she said while she hugged me tightly. I had to catch my breath, because her embrace was so strong, just like in those good old days. She wasn't changed at all, or she hadn't changed the way she hugged me.