Special Chapter

Akiexhia's P.o.V.

Cold breeze brushed my skin as I lean on the railings of my balcony. I set my eyes out to the bright lights of the buildings of Australia. It's only a few hours before Christmas and the chilly weather sure lives up to the season.

I sipped some chocolate drink from my cup to ease the cold feeling running up my system. It has been years since I've been here but I seem to still not be used to the weather. 

It has been 10 years since I closed the biggest chapter of my life. Honestly, I didn't noticed how time went by so fast. Sometimes, it still feels like yesterday and I'll just find myself looking back at all the memories. I have moved on already, I've accepted it all already, but some memories are just too precious to let myself forget it.

One of those memories is our friendship. Our friendship is the best thing we created and given to ourselves.

Three knocks made me stop reminiscing. I turned my back on the view my eyes have been feasting on and walked back my room. I closed the balcony door behind me and walked to the door to open it.

"Akiexhia, someone's looking for you" Mom said as I open the door. I squinted my eyes, having no idea who could be visiting me in Christmas Eve.

"Who?" I asked.

She smiled sheepishly and I immediately knew who it was. "Mom!" I snorted which she just laughed at.

"Come down now. Zach's waiting for you" she said.

I bit my lip and nodded. She gave me a soft smile and touched my cheeks gently. "It's Christmas, sweetheart. Why don't you give this to yourself as a gift?" She softly mumbled.

I smiled and held her hand. "Alright, Mom. Can you tell him that I'll just fix myself? I'll be downstairs at five" I said which she just nodded on.

I closed the door and leaned on it. I heaved a deep breath and touched my chest to feel the beating of my heart.

It's beating not as hard as it did for Steven but it was beating happier. I smiled and sat in front of my vanity table to fix myself.

Zach and I met during the company's anniversary ball three months ago. He was the event organizer that night and I remember it clearly how I stopped in my tracks as I saw him walking in the ball room. In his simple black suit with gray tie, his blonde hair brushed up neatly, he effortlessly took my attention.

After that event, we met again for a couple of times through some business asociates . On the fourth time we met, we finally talked. We sat on the table at the back and watched people happily dancing with champagne glasses on our hands. We talked about the simplest of things, our work, our age, our alma mater, and the party. Honestly, I didn't know that night would start another story.

Two weeks after that night, I received a message from him, asking if I am free to have dinner with him and since I enjoys his company, I said yes. One dinner turned into two, three, until we have been constantly seeing each other for the past month.

I saw how he is as a guy. He's a very down to earth man, never bragged about his wealth and always has his hands ready to help. He's also very gentleman. Every time he takes me out to date, he never fails to fetch me, offer his jacket as soon as he notices how chilly the night is, prepare a pair of flip-flops I could change to, and a cup of hot chocolate from my favorite cafe. But what makes my heart leap always is his thoughtfulness, he never misses a day to ask how my day went, how I am feeling, if my work has been stressful, if I am comfortable with my seat. Every time he does that, I always look at his eyes and I see nothing but genuineness and the twinkle of happiness with my reflection in it.