𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 2

𝕬 𝕷𝖊𝖙𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝕬 𝕯𝖆𝖞

𝕬 𝕷𝖊𝖙𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝕬 𝕯𝖆𝖞

Fall had come and Summer was over, a cold breeze lay around Avonlea as the seasons changed, and leaves turned brown and fell as they shall grow a new.

Cassandra woke up a bit too early for school, there was no other particular reason she did so other than her excitement to meet the rumored new girl in town.

Diana said that the girl was kind and sweet, her fiery hair represented her heart, and she loved to use big words and let her imagination run wild. Cassandra couldn't handle herself when she heard Diana's light description, finally! someone new that didn't have the same boring ways as the rest of Avonlea.

Though she had another reason for waking up far before the sun had awakened. It was because of a certain dark curly-haired boy that traveled and was out of the country for a few weeks now,

After the passing of Margaret Blythe and Gilbert's brothers, John Blythe had also fallen ill and weak, leaving the boy worrying about his father.

Cassandra couldn't help but feel depressed about this matter, John Blythe was the kindest man she ever knew and stood as her father when her biological one left them.

Though fate has its way of twisting things to give hardships and make people stronger, even if it was too painful to handle, it's up to the person if they are strong enough to get over it or not.

Cassandra quickly got dressed and ate her breakfast, clasping the belt that held her books and slate shut, and stuffing it in her snacks basket she shall take for school before she left.

Quickly saying farewell to her mother and kissing her goodbye.

She bounced her way to the post office, looking for a letter or a package sent to her by none other than Gilbert Blythe.

"Hello, Cassie. Looking for a letter from Blythe's boy, aye?" The postman, Cedric Keller, said. It has been a few weeks since Gilbert left and they always sent each other letters each day, so she often came to the post office at some point everyone who worked there knew her.

"Well-yes but, I- is there a letter for me?" Cassandra asks, light in her emerald green eyes as Mr.Keller pulled out a small cardboard box with a purple letter attached right above it, fastened by a ribbon.

"Uhh- are you sure this is all for me?" She asks, a bit surprised as to why Gilbert sent her a box when she was only expecting a letter.

"Of course, isn't this your name on the box as well? And if you can, there is also a letter for your mother, I believe." Mr. Keller confirms before disappearing into the post room to Cassandra assumed would be to fetch her mother's mail.

The blonde gazed at the box suspiciously, quite a big box she had received from Gilbert. 

"Here you are," The old man said, tossing her mother's mail onto the table before she smiled,

"Uhh, thank you, Mr. Keller, sir. I shall go now, late for school- Buh bye!" She waves, grabbing onto her belongings and going back home to open her mail.

It was a bit too early for school anyways,

- ♛ -

"Cassie! What are you doing back here?" Her mother exclaims, "I got mail, you have a letter mother," She smiles, "Look! Gilbert sent me a box! I don't know why, but the big box!" The girl giggled as her mother looks at her daughter amused,

"Well go ahead then, give me my letter, open your box and run your way to school." Her mother instructs with a grin, the girl nods as she rips the package open.

Inside was a purple checkered coat, an array of ribbons of different colors, a bouquet of wild forget-me-not flowers, and a silver chain bracelet with a pendant of what looked like irises.

Cassandra's eyes lit up in surprise, where did Gilbert get all these?

Picking up the most important one of all, his letter, she read through it faster than an eagle could fly.

Dear Cassie,

My father was pleased to hear that Joseph was helping with the Orchard. 
We are grateful for your family's help. Though moving on, I am quite curious about this new girl you speak of. She seems lovely in the descriptions of your words, though have you actually met her?

If not, then I was right. You always like to imagine a wonderful person before you actually meet them, please be careful, do you remember when you thought Billy Andrews was a sweet fella? I laughed so hard when he accidentally threw his jam bread at you, but then again I almost broke his wrist when he laughed and mocked you afterward-

Anyways, Alberta is beautiful. You should have been here with me.

Forgive me, I didn't want to rush father into leaving as he is having so much fun traveling around. I'm worried about his health though, he's been wheezing as if his lungs have disconnected from his whole body, I regret to inform you that I won't be coming back to accompany you to school, though hopefully, I'll be back by the second day.

I've bought these for you, father says he regrets not bringing you with us so he gave me a heavy amount to give to you, I remember that you hated the cold, and it is pretty cold here and winter is coming. I found this old woman that looked like she needed help but she refused to take charity so I bought the ribbons she was selling instead. I hope you like them, I don't really have an eye for fashion.

I remembered the moment when we were nine, the one when we were at the cliffs, where we promised each other to always be there to protect one another, I believe the flower we oath with was an iris. Father knew this lady that makes jewelry for a low price and I gave her a visit to make you that bracelet, I hope you like it.

I look forward to seeing your ugly face again, your horrible voice, and your clumsy self.

From your favorite best friend,

Gilbert Blythe

Cassandra took her time hiding the gifts in her wardrobe, before saying yet another goodbye to her mother and going off to school, she couldn't wait to meet the new girl. And she absolutely couldn't wait for Gilbert to come back, she hated walking to school alone.