𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 11

𝕸𝖎𝖗𝖗𝖔𝖗𝖊𝖉 𝕾𝖔𝖚𝖑𝖘

It was the following afternoon and Cassandra Deighton had woken up from her light slumber to be met by two snoring girls. She giggled quietly as she rubbed her eyes,

Yawning, she went downstairs to see what was currently happening when her mother popped out of the kitchen with a hot tray in hand.

"Oh! Perfect! You clean yourself up and get ready, you have to bring this to your brother and Gilbert, they're fixing the Gillis house." Her mother tasked and Cassandra groaned,

She didn't know how to face Gilbert. She knew she was wrong and he was right, and he was just worried and overreacted but- they haven't had a serious argument before. Of course, they had petty quarrels when they were little, but not something like this! The blonde didn't know what she was going to say!

Her mother noticed her fidgeting and stuck on one spot, her eyes softened at the girl, she can't help but notice that she saw her young self in her daughter. Carefree and reckless, and now, troubled as she didn't know what to say to her best friend.

Allison had gone through it before with Margaret, and now, her daughter was facing the same situation.

"An apology can go a long way, Cassie." Her mother mutters, putting down the cherry tart that she had just baked,

Cassandra looked at her mother with a confused glance before she sweetly smiled, understanding her statement.

"Alright, mother." She says before rushing upstairs to change into something warmer for the weather.

She wore the purple coat Gilbert gave her, blonde locks braided at the top and decorated with a matching purple ribbon.

Heading downstairs, she saw her mother preparing the basket she'd have to take to her brother and share with a certain Blythe.

"Mhm. Here you are, now remember, even though I'm letting you take this there doesn't mean you're free to go. You need to come back here by three o'clock sharp. Don't be late, or else more chores would be put into that list." Her mother reminded her.

The blonde nods with a gulp before taking the basket and hooking it on her arm, "Yes, ma'am." She saluted teasingly before leaving the house with a grin.

- ♛ -