𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 37

𝕭𝖆𝖈𝖐 𝕴𝖓 𝕬𝖛𝖔𝖓𝖑𝖊𝖆

In the last seven months, Cassandra had found herself spending every single day with Lawrence. She soon realized they were more than acquaintances now, they were friends.

Though the girl couldn't believe it as she had met Diana's cousin, as in, who would have thought that Clayton was Diana's mother's last name before she married Mr. Barry?

It was wonderful as both shared about how and what; Cassandra knowing too well that the boy didn't choose to leave France, he was to be the heir to Barry's fortune.

The Barry's were a small family that didn't acquire their wealth because of their last name, Diana's grandfather worked hard for it, though they only had one son, and now, that son only had two daughters. They had no distant relatives to pass down the name to, so Ms. Barry wrote a letter to her brother in France, who sent down her nephew, Lawrence Clayton.

But the girl knew that the days on the cruise were soon to end, her father had told her that they were scheduled to arrive the very next day, so the teens couldn't unfortunately meet.

Just over the horizon, Cassandra squints, it was her old home.

...

Now boarding a small boat towards Charlottetown, to say that Cassandra was excited would be a lie, for like before, she was nervous. They had arrived earlier that morning, taken a boat to Charlottetown, and were now unpacking in their apartment.

Her father and herself have both compromised to take the train to Avonlea the next day, so here she was, exploring Charlottetown like a tourist.

She saw that things have changed, mainly improved, though echoes of bad memories had hit her like a boulder when she arrived at the docks.

But what the girl hadn't expected was meeting an old friend in the city, a friend she had cherished dearly; he looked the same, with dirty blonde hair, the same smile, but this time, a genuine smile.

He was actually talking to people, which surprised the blonde. She wasn't planning to say hi, she just wanted to turn around and handle the situation next time.

But here was life, making surprises once again as the boy called her name in confusion,

"Cass?" He calls, making the blonde halt in her steps, before turning around hesitantly,

"Cassandra! It is you! Oh my god!" The boy squealed as he ran towards the girl, catching her into a tight and long hug that satisfied both, "Hello, Cole, long time no see?" She sheepishly says,

"Why are you here?! It's been two years! I thought you were never coming back? And look at you! You're gorgeous," He exaggerated, making the girl laugh in glee,

"Thank you very much, Cole. I missed you, but give yourself some credit! You're looking better than ever! What're you doing in Charlottetown?" She matched his energy as she queried the boy,

"We have so much to catch up on!" He laughed as he said goodbye to his friends and led her to his new home,

She honestly missed the boy,

Now she was realizing that if every one of her friends greeted her as he did,

Would she be able to let them go?