𝕰𝖕𝖎𝖑𝖔𝖌𝖚𝖊

May 5th 1912
To my dearest friend, Cole Mackenzie,

       Greetings Cole! This letter is in response to your letter I only received early this morning; I am very impressed with how fast letters can be sent nowadays, only a few years ago I could have sworn to have waited at least 10 months to receive and send a letter, now it only takes about 3! If the weather would be kind. We are doing splendidly in France, Gilbert and I have recently moved to a more peaceful location in the province of  Normandy, it is surely a sight. However, we have moved here for a much greater purpose than its beauty, Gilbert has been stationed in this location as a physician. I presume we intend to make a home of this place for a long time.

      I hear from Ruby that Anne has been approved to establish a teaching school in Avonlea! Please extend our congratulations, we know it must have been hard. Although, it is nice to hear that she improving the status of women, now not only shall we be wives, but soon enlightened and sophisticated members of society. She is hard to reach nowadays, I assume it's because of the teaching school, so I wouldn't want to bother her with sending letters. 

     Johnathan has been well, he is growing and it is simply making me emotional. He will turn 5 this November, his father says that he is very tall for his age, well what can I say, he is part Deighton after all. He had taken an interest in painting, which must've been your influence when we visited; he used to think that arts were a feminine act until you introduced him to it, I applaud you, managing to change the boy's hard-headed mind.

    And if you must know, I have been busier with my spare time as Gilbert requested I take a break from teaching. I have been painting as well! Certainly, my creativity must have been improved by my little Lizzie. She manages to make a little touch of herself in all my masterpieces as she is a cheeky little girl. She is much more ambitious than her brother, certainly, a trait she took from her father, she would come up with the most hilarious adventures she wishes to be on every week! And she certainly misses her dear Uncle Cole.

   Which reminds me, how have you been? Touring all over the world with your art friends I suppose? As in your previous letter you have noted to have been in America. I do wish to see the world one day, yet I shall still choose my family. I hope you had a grand time in Newland. In your next letter, I also hope to receive news about any significant other? I think one such as I could ask, I am more like your sister than a friend after all. 

   I apologize for the letter seeming to be longer this time, thus I think that this will be the last I will send for a while. Another little one is soon to be born, we are expecting later this month. I do wish you could be here again, but I understand that you are far in your travels and sincerely wish you to be safe and with all the good luck you should need.

                                                                   Your dearest friend,

                                                                            - Cassandra D. Blythe

- ♛ -

"Gilbert!" The blonde-haired woman called for her husband as she graciously hurried down the steps of their humble home to find her lover about to leave he wore his coat,

"Yes, my dear?" He charmed, "Oh, it is still early, is it not? Would you be so kind as to post this letter for Cole? I do not think I would have the time to post it later," She gives the letter to her husband who only smirks,

"Now why wouldn't I, for my wife after all."

She smiles dearingly as she gave him a haste kiss goodbye,

"Allison! Johnathan! Your father is about to leave," She calls for her children as little steps sprinted their way to the front door to bid their father goodbye,

Sweet little Lizzie kisses her father's cheek, followed by her hair being ruffled, a tinge of red on her cheeks as he smiles at his daughter,

Although little John only hugs his father, Gilbert tips his hat to his son, who looks up to him with great admiration.

"Be safe, my love," Cassandra says as she cups his cheeks, pecking his lips before Gilbert grabbed his briefcase,

"I'll be back before six," He says swiftly before going out the door and driving his phaeton, waving goodbye to his sweet little family.

Cassandra was quite satisfied with her life,
 she vowed to spend eternity with the boy who swore to love her, 
and was joyful of their creation.

This was the life she dreamed of, the life she wished for,
and the life she will choose over and over again if she pleases. 

This wasn't the life she expected,
yet it was the life she achieved.

And she was happy with it.