𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 4

𝕴𝖓𝖙𝖎𝖒𝖆𝖙𝖊 𝕽𝖊𝖑𝖆𝖙𝖎𝖔𝖓𝖘

The second bell rang soon after their little quarrel, sitting down on her seat next to Ruby, Cassandra prepared her books before Mr. Phillips walked in with a slight thud, followed behind him was Prissy Andrews, sneaking to her seat.

"Alright, settle down, get your slates and chalk, we're going to be practicing spelling today." Mr. Phillips usual voice bore the class as they followed his instructions,

"Charlie!" He calls on, "Stand and spell 'ravishing'" He commands, Charlie follows as he spelled ravishing correctly on the board,

Though as Cassandra was writing it down on her slate, Ruby pulled her in to whisper something in her ears.

"Anne and Diana saw Mr. Phillips and Prissy in the supply room."

She whispered as Cassie's eyes lit in wonder, she proceeded to pull Tillie in to pass the news.

Wasn't that illegal and overall disgusting? To have a relationship with a student?

"Moody! Stand and deliver!" Mr. Phillip's voice dragged the girl from her thoughts, Charlie erased his writing on the board as Moody stood and replaced his spot.

"Spell dreadful." Mr. Phillips dragged and Moody wrote, "I like your handwriting," The teacher commented will a roll of his eyes,

Cassandra found it irritating for a teacher to laugh and mock their student instead of teaching them the proper way to do it, though then again, Mr. Phillips wasn't a morally good teacher, to begin with, adding on to that, he was caught with his student in a supply room!

The class chuckled at his comment, though Cassie didn't find it funny at all.

Suddenly, Anne stood up and decided that it was her time to shine,

"Moody, it has an 'A' in it right after the 'E', but the 'A' is silent." She corrected, Diana visibly winced as the redhead talked,

"Yes. The A is silent, as you should be." Mr. Phillips walked towards the girl, Cassandra couldn't help but feel helpless, she had a reputation for being hospitable and helpful though she didn't want to tarnish that reputation by being rude.

"You're the- um, orphan, yes?" Mr. Phillips continued, "My name is Anne Shirley-Cuthbert, and please spell 'Anne' with an 'E'." She introduced,