𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 3

𝕬 𝕱𝖗𝖎𝖊𝖓𝖉

Leaves fell to the ground from balding branches, clearing space for new and green ones to blossom in the summer. Autumn wind swirled around, fanning the girl's blonde hair as she calmly walked to school.

She was early as usual. She was an early bird ever since they were young; Gilbert used to whine whenever she would knock on their door too early just so that they could walk to school together, though that turned into a habit of her waiting around for him to get ready.

Walking around Avonlea was very relaxing, from Cassandra's point of view. She found it fascinating when trees changed their colors, the wind altered temperature, and the thoughts that filled her mind as she walked.

She never knew why she loved the arts, though, from the moment her mother taught her needlepoint, she just couldn't stop making little masterpieces.

Though something peculiar cut her from her thoughts, a girl with hair as the color of flames, picking wildflowers from the plains?

"Uh, hello?" Cassandra called cautiously, walking lightly towards the girl who was now frozen at the sound of her voice,

After a few seconds, the girl turned to her in a flash, "Hello!" She exclaims, surprising Cassandra and looking at her more thoroughly, her skin was pale, her body small and skinny, and she had freckles covering her face and her eyes that reminded her of jade gems.

"Hi, are you alright?" The blonde asks as the girl dusted her dress and picked up her hat, she was picking wildflowers to slip in her hat?

"Y-yes! I'm quite well." She answers, her fingers playing with each other, Cassandra had noted that she may be a bit nervous, "Alrighty then, I assume that you're new here? My name is Cassandra, by the way. Cassandra Deighton." She smiled,

The girl's face lit up as she did, "W- y- m-my name is Anne. Anne Shirley-Cuthbert, though, please spell that with an E." She stutters at first, though soon came to her senses, reaching her hand for the blonde.

"Nice to meet you," Cassie chuckles as Anne lost all the nervousness that once filled her and laughed with her, shaking her hand.

"I've heard a few stories from Diana, though I apologize I haven't introduced myself sooner," Cassandra says, "Well that's alright, it took a while to settle in-" Anne replies,

"Oh, are you lost? We can walk together if you'd like?" The blonde offers, "Uh- sure," Anne smiled,