𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 36

𝕬 𝕱𝖗𝖎𝖊𝖓𝖉 𝕻𝖊𝖗𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖘

Cassandra couldn't have imagined as she was bawling her eyes out at the dock where her brother and she had arrived on. The memories flashed through her in a second, and she couldn't help but compare how better she was living now than when she had arrived in France a year ago.

It was a month after she had made her decision, Joseph had moved into a dorm in Sorbonne three days before their departure, and his stubbornness got the better of him as he was to stay in France to continue his study.

"I'll miss you so much, Joseph." The girl cried in her brother's arms, the boy caressed her back as their father had already given the rest of their luggage to the man who worked on the ship.

They were to sail for ten more months, already having to buy an apartment in Charlottetown to stay in as their old apartment was under maintenance. They were only going to visit for a bit until her father had said proper goodbyes and until she was able to finally say goodbye to her friends.

A goodbye that indicated that she wouldn't be coming back.

There they stood, in front of a large cruise. Cassandra stood tall and brave, much better than the young and sad girl in a big purple puffy dress she once was. Now she adapted to a French trend, wearing dress pants and a puffy blouse.

Saying her last goodbyes to her brother, she was practically forced to board the cruise as it was about to leave, waving goodbye, it would be a while before she sees his annoying face once again.

...

Three months had passed on the ship, and Cassandra was in a routine wherein she would go to the very edge just like last time, and paint the ocean. She found that it was the fastest way to speed up time, though as she arrived at her spot, she found a boy leaning over the railing, his expression reminded her of a very familiar expression when she was in the exact same position.

"Excuse me? Are you gonna jump? Please don't, I'm not ready to be a witness in court." The girl says as she stood next to the boy, he laughed as his eyes glossed over the pretty blonde,

"You don't have a strong accent, I can tell you're just new to the language." He smirked, "Well I'm sorry, but I still don't want to be a witness in court." She giggled,

"I'm Cassandra Deighton, Cassie for short, and you are?" She introduced, "Lawrence Clayton." He responds,

"Nicely odd name? You know, someone told me once that it was better to tell your woos to a stranger, there wouldn't be any judgment." She winked, "I don't think I'd still be able to tell you my problems, miss." He states with a tight smile,

"Well fine, if you won't tell a stranger, maybe you'll tell a friend." Cassandra shrugs, "And who's the friend?" Lawrence queried sarcastically,

"That would be moi,"