𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 5

𝕻𝖆𝖎𝖓𝖙𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝕮𝖑𝖔𝖚𝖉𝖘

"Hello Cole," The girl smiled at the boy, she hasn't seen him for a while, though the boy was excellent at hiding in the shadows.

"No one noticed you again, how do you do it? I'm quite jealous." Cassandra teased as she sat beside him, giving him a strawberry muffin that was left,

"Quite easy actually, you just have to not hold any importance." He smiled as he took the muffin and munched on it. Cassandra took the parchment he was drawing on and analyzed it in amazement,

"Haven't taught me how to draw clouds yet, though I did practice on those trees! It looks somewhat decent," The girl mentions as she pulled out her own cluster of parchments, showing the boy her drawings.

"These are amazing though, you excel in drawing flowers and animals, I could never get their anatomy right." Cole comments,

From when they both started school, Cole and Cassandra bonded on arts. They loved to paint, sketch, and compare drawings. Most of the time, when the school held plays, they would volunteer as painters, and when they held drawing competitions they would either be drawing with each other or against each other, in Cassie's opinion, they were a much better team than enemies, one time they won a drawing contest in Charlottetown with price money, their parent couldn't be prouder as they both went home with five hundred dollars.

"I think if you use the technique you use with people anatomy, you'll get it right. Though I prefer drawing them in shapes than their lines and putting details afterward." The girl remarks as she gazed at the forest sketch Cole made,

"Ah, of course," Cole exclaims at her little suggestion, "That's a brilliant technique, Cass." He chuckled, "I know, I'm the best." She giggled,

Though before their conversation could improve further, the bell rang for the classes to resume. They both stood, scrambling as they tucked their parchments in their books, keeping it nice and say before hurrying off back to class.

-♛-

The class soon came to an end, the girls said their farewell a little longer as, well, they were girls. Cassandra grins as she clasped her shoulders with Ruby's, they always went back home together as their houses were near each other.

"Wait-" Cassandra halts, looking back at a certain redhead, she ran towards the girl walking with Diana,

"Anne!" She calls, the girls both turned towards her as she did, bringing her hand towards Anne and engulfing her hands with her own, she huffed.

"I'm really sorry about today, I was just overwhelmed, and- it's new. And I guess sometimes, new is good, though new is new and I was used to old that I was-" She rambled, "It's alright! I'm perfectly fine, and your the only one who apologized though I was the one who was supposed to be apologizing-" Though she cut the girl off with a hug before she could ramble on and on as she did.

"See you at school?" Cassandra smiled, "Of course." Anne replies, hugging the girl for the last time before heading off with Diana.

"Why did you do that?" Ruby said, catching up with the blonde, "Because she must've felt sad when we left earlier. She must've felt left out..." Cassandra trails, "But she- she's weird?" Ruby states, "We all are in our own way," Cassandra giggles before Ruby changes the subject about dresses and ribbons.

I guess new is weird, no- not weird, it's unique? yeah.

New is Unique.

-♛-

"Mother! I'm back!" Cassandra sang as she opened their front door, being met by a certain curly-haired boy in their parlor with her blonde mother, having tea.

"You little maggot!" She exclaims as she drops her items and hurries to the boy with her arms open, enveloping him in a big hug. Her mother just laughed at them in her spot.

"Hello to you too, Cassie." Gilbert laughs, hugging her back.

"You said you wouldn't be here till tomorrow!" She shouts at the boy, "For school, Cassie! Of course, I wouldn't be able to attend school if I arrive in the afternoon!" He answers back with the same tone of voice, "Why are you shouting at me?!" She yells, "Why are you shouting at me?!" He copies,

"Alright, stop yelling before you both lose your voices." Her mother commands, standing up and clearing the table, "Yes mother," They both said with wide grins on their face.

"Off you go then," Her mother smiles, "Aye! Change your clothes before you do, Cassandra!" Her mother yells before they left, causing Cassandra to roll her eyes before they went up to her room, slamming the door on Gilbert's face.

"How long have you been back?" Cassandra asks loudly so that she could be heard from the other side as she removed her school dress and replaced it with a navy blue one.

"Just a few hours ago, decided to come by cause I knew you would come home soon," Gilbert replied, a bit muffled from the door.

Huffing as she pulled her hair into pigtails, she decorated it with matching ribbons Gilbert gave her, opening her door and finally meeting the hazel-eyed boy,

"You look absolutely terrible," He commented, "And so do you," She said back, passing him with her sketchbook and pens in her small book bag.

"How was Alberta?" She asks, pulling on her boots, "Exquisite." Gilbert responds, getting down as she helped the girl tie her shoes,

"How was the first day of school?" The boy asked, "Ugh, a bit horrible but alright I guess..." The girl trails, "Mom! We're leaving!" She kisses her mother's cheeks as they met her outside with her brother, Joseph. "As always," Joseph rolls his eyes, "Yeah, well- have fun with your crops." Cassandra gave a sly reply, "Where you headed this time, darling?" She asks them both, 

Cassandra looks at Gilbert as she herself didn't know where they were going, "Uhh...around? Catch up for a bit, I promise I'll have her back before supper?" He lightly laughs, "Go then, before the sun sets on you." Joseph remarks as her mother nods, "Take care," She kisses both foreheads before the couple runs off.