𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 15

𝕱𝖆𝖙𝖍𝖊𝖗 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝕯𝖆𝖚𝖌𝖍𝖙𝖊𝖗

Cassandra was sick. Although she hadn't got the idea where she had got it from, she definitely minded having to wipe her nose with tissue and cough into a towel every two minutes.

The girl had an enormous headache and a small fever, though she protested, her mother forbade her to come to school for at least two days.

So here she was, disobeying her mother in a way, since she was once again with Gilbert Blythe, helping him and his father.

Mrs. Kincannon couldn't come that day and Gilbert wanted to stay close to his father just in case. He felt it coming, all of them did.

Though the teens didn't pay it mind as they carried on living, cherishing the suspected last moments with the kind man.

John Blythe was important to the blonde, for when his father left them, John stood as his father figure. Although most of the time, the man was traveling, he still managed to make Cassandra feel the love of a father.

"Mother did that?" the girl laughed as John also let out a small chuckle, "Oh, yes. Your mother and Margaret were little daredevils indeed. They would play pranks on the boys who bullied the girls almost every day. Reminds me of you, actually." John laughs as he reminisced about the good old days.

"Do you want more tea, John? You would need to take medicine in just a few minutes... Mrs. Kincannon says that you had to at least drink something before you take them. She ranted about how it's not good for the stomach." The girl sighed as she stood, bringing the tray of food and medicine with her,

John put a hand on the girl's arm before she could leave,

"Just a moment, dear." He coughed as he tried to stand, Cassandra hurried to help though he just laughed it off, both teens were terribly worried for the old man, though he thinks they were just bonkers.

"Ah, here it is." He smiles, pulling out a case from his cabinet.

"Margaret had this when she was younger. She says it was a family heirloom. Never had a daughter to pass it to, so she told me to give it to you or Gilbert, whoever his lover might be." John explains,

"Though I think I wouldn't be able to live long enough for that," The girl gave him a sad smile as tears filled her eyes,

"No- I couldn't." She shook her hand, pushing his hand away.