Chapter 2

Hikori sat alone at the lunch table, just poking his food with his chopsticks. His fingers hand been given feeling back thanks to Eri. He thought Harinezumi would sit with him, but the boy was sitting with some other kids from the class. With a sigh, he pushed his food away and lay his head on the table. About a minute passed till he heard a voice.

"Am I able to sit here?"

Looking up, Hikori was met with cobalt blue eyes and hair and a bright smile.

"Sure..." Lifting up and pulling his food tray back towards him, he allowed the new comer to sit.

"Iida Hanna! They/them pronouns, please!" They held out their hand and Hikori took it kindly.

"Kaminari Hikori! He/Him pronouns."

Iida laughed. It was airy and light. They started talking about their lives before they participated in the exams when Iida brought up an incident that Hikori knew all too well.

"I had made so many friends in Kindergarten but then it was attacked by a villain. After that, my parents decided that it was best for me to go to a different kindergarten further away, resulting in moving far away and leaving all of my friends behind, although I do remember a birthday party. Other than that all of my memories from that year are-"

"Fuzzy..."

"Excuse me?"

"Your memories from that year are all fuzzy, aren't they? Like you're not supposed to have them, but somehow small inklings are still in your head."

"Yeah... But now that I see you, I remember you."

"Huh?"

"Kaminari Hikori, was known as Shinso Hikori, Son of Chargebolt and Mind Meddler."

"Wait. Iida Hanna... *Gasp* Daughter of Cellophane and Ingenium?!"

"That's me!"

"I remember you now! We were best friends since we were 2! I never thought I'd see you again!"

"Me neither! But here we are, both in the Hero Course at UA!"

The duo laughed again. Hikori was so happy to reunite with an old friend, but one thing he did want to know was why. Why were his and Iida's memories fuzzy? Why couldn't they remember anything the year he turned 4 and they turned 5? It was a question only 2 people could answer and they were his parents.

---

As Hikori stepped through the door that night, he was attacked and wrapped in a tight embrace. When he was finally released, he looked into the golden eyes of his dad and the purple eyes of his papa.

"How did you enjoy your first day, Hik?!" Denki beamed.

"Great! I made a new friend and reunited with an old friend."

"Tell us everything!"

The trio sat on the couch, Hikori sitting in between the two adults.

"My new friend's name is Harinezumi. His quirk is quills. He has hedgehog quills for hair. I recognised him for the entrance exams. The old friend was Iida Hanna. And that brings me to a question. Why are my memories fuzzy?"

The two adults looked at each other.

"Because, Iida can barely remember anything either. All of her memories from the year they turned 5 are the same as me from the year I turned 4. We can barely remember anything. Only small parts remain. It's almost as if we aren't supposed to have them. Why are they like that?"

Denki wore a fearful expression and had pure fear in his eyes. Hitoshi noticed this as he looked at his husband. The look said; he can't know...! He is supposed to forget everything...!