5

My friends and I were standing in the great hall watching as different kids ran up and threw their name in to the goblet of fire. So many wanted to try to be the champion selected from their school for the tournament.

The Weasley twins managed to steal the show from everyone around them. They created an aging potion to try and pass Dumbledore's boundary around the goblet and enter the competition. The potion worked to everyone's surprise, and allowed them to throw their names in. We all sat and waited in anticipation to see if it had worked.

However, it didn't take long for the goblet to shoot their papers back out. Or for the goblet to magically kick them out of the circle Dumbledore drew. Or for the potion to backfire and turn them into scruffy old men, almost resembling Dumbledore himself.

"Oh man, that was gold!" Maggie cackled as she was still wiping some tears from her eyes. "Shewww, I'm never going to forget that. That just made my entire night. No my week. It made my entire week." She laughed as the Weasley boys scurried out of the hall.

Suddenly, a few cheers broke out amongst some students that were sitting beside us, causing our focus to shift over to them instead. I watched as an older Hufflepuff walked up to the goblet confidently. He folded up a piece of paper and stuck his name inside. A few of his friends patted his back and cheered for him as he did.

He was really cute, I couldn't lie. I had recognized him from a couple of years ago when he had helped me pick up my books after I tripped and fell in front of everyone in the main corridor. Completely embarrassed myself, but he made me feel slightly better about it. Cedric Diggory. Always has been a sweetheart to everyone around him. I guess being a Hufflepuff suited him.

I watched as the younger Weasley, Ron, tried getting Cedric's attention and give him a high five, but it didn't work out in his favor. He was blown off and left hanging right in front of everyone. I couldn't help but chuckle at the interaction, seeing how embarrassing it was for Ron.

On his way out of the great hall, Cedric glanced over my way and caught my eyes already looking at him. A smile pulled across his lips as he shot me a quick wink before proceeding towards the doors.

What the hell was that?

I smirked back at him, letting my flirtatious instincts take over, but I was completely taken aback. I have not spoken to him since our short interaction a few years back. I was completely shocked he had even winked at me. Did he remember me as well?

"Spill!" Ari yelled at me. Dani and Maggie practically jumped on top of me, also wanting to hear the conversation. They refused to be left out again, wanting to know all of the details.

"I have no idea, but I am liking what I am seeing!" I joked as they burst into laughter at my reaction. "That was HOT!" I told them honestly, my heart still racing from the attention he had given to me.

He was a little old for me, considering we had a three year age difference, but I could see myself fancying him. Plus, I'd like to think that I'm pretty mature for my age. Maybe he thinks so, too.

I looked straight ahead, still laughing with my friends about Cedric. I noticed Draco walking towards me in the midst of our laughter. He didn't look too pleased compared to me and my friends. He walked with a miserable frown on his face, bringing down the moods of others around him. All I could wonder was what crawled up his ass and died. He put on a fake smile as my friends started to notice his approach as well.

What a phony.

"Hey, Juliet." He chirped, a little too much enthusiasm lingering off of the words. The use of my first name caught me off guard.