52

My eyes felt heavy as I forced them open. The light in the room was making my head hurt from the sudden adjustment. I looked around and was met with Draco's eyes already staring at me. He had a straight face, looking at me contently.

"How long was I out?" I asked, rubbing my eyes slightly.

"An hour." He replied shortly. I looked back over at him and wondered how he had managed to sit there for that long waiting on me.

"Do we have to go to Umbridge's office, now?" I groaned, sitting up slightly. He just nodded his head in response, not taking his eyes away from me.

"I'll let Madame Pomfrey know you're awake." He huffed as he stood from the chair. I watched him walk away to get from her desk, my eyes burning from how tired they still were.

I looked around the room and noticed it was completely empty. I felt like every time I came in here there was no one else around. Surely, young wizards had to have more accidents on a daily basis. How was no one ever hurt?

My random thoughts were interrupted as Madame Pomfrey approached my bed with Draco at her side. She gave me a soft smile before she started lifting my shirt slightly to look and feel my ribs.

"All clear." She said, pulling my top back down after her examination and patted my shoulder lightly.

She handed me my robe to put on and made her way back out of the room. I slipped the robe on and looked over at Draco, who was now awkwardly standing beside the bed.

"Let's go." I huffed, walking out of the infirmary. He followed behind me closely as we walked through the halls of the castle.

He was being so awkward now. Jumpy. Like he was nervous about something around him.

Surely, he's not scared of Umbridge and her punishment.

"Do you remember anything from before your nap?" He asked me curiously. I turned towards him and gave him a confused look. "Like, right before your nap." He told me, trying to give me some more details.

"Didn't I fall asleep after she gave me the potions?" I asked him, that was the last thing I could recall.

"No." He chuckled, "You were awake for about 15 minutes after that. Then you fell asleep." He smirked. "You said some of the stupidest things."

My eyes popped out of my head. Horror rushed through my body as I had no recollection of anything that happened while I was in the hospital wing.

Merlin, if I told Draco anything that will come back to haunt me, it will be the death of me.

"Oh." I said quietly. I wasn't sure I even wanted to ask about anything that was said. My stomach hurt enough not knowing.

We walked in silence the rest of the way, avoiding eye contact with each other. I led him to Umbridge's office, stopping out front. He didn't open the door either, both of us just staring at it.

"Here," I said quietly, reaching behind my neck for the necklace I had on, I unclasped it quickly and held it out towards him. He looked at the ring for a moment before looking back at me, his brows furrowing like he was taken aback by the gesture.

"It helps the pain. I've already done it once without it, I'll be fine. It's your ring anyway." I told him softly as I stared at the ring dangling from the chain in front of me.

Draco took it out of my hand, and looked at it for a second. I reached for the knob, but stopped when I felt the chain around my neck again. The ring landed against my chest where it previously was.