62

Draco has been acting different since that night in the room of requirement. Harry was indeed attacked at the Ministry and the truth was out now after many witnesses saw it for themselves. Voldemort had made his great return after all.

Draco was more distant with me than usual. We talked, laughed occasionally, walked around school together. But we didn't do anything more than that. He didn't kiss me. Or hug me. Touch me. Call me any nicknames. Just Juliet.

He didn't act like he really even liked me anymore. I was hoping it was just because of the Dark Lord's actual return to the public eye. That Draco was just being extra cautious now that he knew things were going to get more serious. He told me that's what would happen on New Years. That we would have to keep everything between us a secret.

Deep down I still worried about us and our relationship with one another. Maybe that's just natural teenage instincts. To always assume the worst in your relationships, even if nothing has really happened. If this was even considered a relationship. I was never sure what I had with Draco. We never held labels with one another. Just friends.

We were currently on our way to the train station, ready to return home once again as the school year had closed out. I walked side by side with Dani as Draco walked ahead of us with Blaise and Aria. He had been avoiding me all morning and I couldn't help but feel it bother me. My stomach hurt when he would avoid talking to me and give his attention to someone else. I liked getting his attention far too much.

"You like him, don't you?" Dani asked me quietly, causing me to look over at her. "I know Aria is your best friend. I know I don't come close, either. But I also know it's hard to find someone to talk to now that she has a boyfriend. You aren't as close anymore." Dani told me quietly, a sorry smile on her face. I just looked at her, trying to figure out how to answer the original question about Draco. When I didn't respond she spoke up once more.

"I'm just saying, you can always talk to me. I try not to be as judgmental as Maggie tends to be." She chuckled lightly. "You carry a lot of baggage. I know it. I've witnessed it for years. Just don't let yourself go mad because you keep everything to yourself."

If only I could actually do that. Half of my life had to be kept to myself.

"I can't answer your question." I told her honestly, knowing I couldn't put the idea out there for anyone. "I'm not allowed to. Even if I wanted to tell you, which I do. More than anything." I huffed. She nodded her head, though I knew she didn't completely understand. I think she knew what my answer was deep down just based off of my reaction.

We boarded the train and sat together in our compartment. Everyone sat in an awkward silence for a moment, not sure what to talk about.

"So, what are you guys doing when you get home?" Maggie chuckled, trying to lighten the mood.

"Blaise and I are going out to dinner." Aria swooned, causing the rest of us to gag. Blaise chuckled at our responses.

"I'm not sure." I answered honestly. "I haven't even been to my manor since last summer. I'll probably just lay in my bed." I laughed, looking out the window.

"You mean at my manor." Draco chuckled, speaking to me for the first time. We all looked at him in confusion, but he looked at me with more confusion written out on his face. "You're coming home with me. You do know that, right?" He asked me, his brows furrowed.

My head instantly fell back against the seat as I let out a loud groan. Things between us were already strange as it is, let alone spending our time at his house.

"I'm gonna take that as a 'no', she didn't know that." Maggie laughed hysterically.

"Why do I have to go to your house?!" I asked annoyed. I felt like I practically lived there at this point. Draco just shrugged his shoulders.