7

At the end of the task, it was announced that Cedric was currently in first place. The students cheered loudly for him, happy that our school was in the lead. I couldn't help but smile and feel ecstasy rush through me as I looked down at him cheerily. Maggie started to bump shoulders with me when the news was announced, wiggling her eyebrows in the process as well to try and get me to catch the hint. I rolled my eyes to pretend I was annoyed, but my smile was still pulling at the edges of my lips.

"On that note, I'm actually going to go find him..." I felt a slight smirk form on my lips as I began to get up out of my spot in the stands. I threw a knowing wink at my friends who were all looking at me, giving them a slight hint in what I was planning on doing.

"Oohhh, make sure to give him a congratulatory kiss from me— mwah mwah mwah mwah," Ari started making kissing noises at the end of her sentence while she puckered up her lips and leaned towards me. Dani and Maggie started doing it as well, trying their best to annoy me— which was working too well. I lightly rolled my eyes once more at their childish behaviors and made my way out of the bleachers.

I walked towards the giant tent where I assumed Cedric could be found with the other champions. When I had almost reached it, I saw Harry walking out in a disgruntled fashion. He looked utterly exhausted after the adventure he had just went on— his robes scorched and dirty, his mop of hair thrown in all sorts of directions, and the frantic look never shifted from his face. He held his golden egg in his arms tightly as he walked, like he was scared he'd lose it.

"Congratulations, Potter. Started to have me worrying you wouldn't be able to pull it off for a moment there." I said, trying to be as nice to him as I could manage. He looked astonished that I was even talking to him, let alone putting on a friendly face.

"Um, thanks, Juliet!" He said back breathlessly. "I'm shocked you were even cheering for me, I thought the entire school hated me right now. You being near the top of the list... considering our complicated history..." Ahhh, you mean how we've never been able to get along 85% of the time before this for years? I couldn't agree more, Harry. I'm shocked I was cheering for you as well.

"Well, usually anything to piss Malfoy off is a win in my book, so I'll cheer for you any day. I like getting under his skin, gives him a taste of his own medicine I suppose." I said with a wink and continued on my way towards the tent.

"Thanks... I guess." I heard Harry say behind me, and I chuckled lightly knowing he was unsure whether I had just complimented him or not. When I had reached the entrance of the tent, Cedric had walked out, almost bumping into me in the process.

"Ah, the lucky man of the hour, I see. I was just coming to search for you." I told him with a confident smile spread on my face.

He looked quite nervous compared to the other times we had interacted with one another. Now that it was time to actually have to speak to one another face to face, I think he might have debated on chickening out.

"You? Were looking for me?" He pointed back at himself to make sure he heard me right while his eyes looks like they would pop out of his skull at any second. He looked completely shocked, which is what had surprised me. He was the one who had originally initiated our flirtatious behaviors a few weeks prior.

"Well, of course I was looking for you. I don't see anyone else around to be talking to." I looked around us in a joking manner as we were the only two in sight. "Besides, I had to congratulate you, Mr. 1st Place. That's so awesome!" I said as I playfully punched his shoulder with my small fist. He gulped slowly which caused his throat to bob, and a smile started to spread across his face as he processed my words.