71

I stood outside of the curtain as Draco changed into the clothes that I had brought him. He pulled the curtain open when he was finished, looking down at me as I stood in front of him. A smile appeared on my lips as I saw his sweet face once again.

"They don't look nearly as cute on me anymore now that I've seen them on you," he said as he looked at the sweats he had on, "but they will have to do." He laughed. I bit the inside of cheek, trying to contain my smile and blushing cheeks the best I could.

"I do want the sweatshirt back when you're done with it. Preferably when it smells like you again." I told him, being serious. "Truly, I think that owning so many of your clothes and being able to smell your cologne on occasion when I'd wear them was part of the reason I've stayed sane the past couple of months." I laughed as I looked at his outfit.

"You're so cute. It's a deal." He chuckled, placing a soft kiss on my forehead. "Let's get out of here." He told me, nodding his head towards the exit.

The purple circles under his eyes already looked slightly better than they had in recent days. Last night must have been the first time that he had properly slept in weeks. His face was still slightly sunken in from not eating any meals. Hopefully he'd be willing to let me take him out for food later.

"Can we go lay down in your dorm?" I asked him softly, wrapping my arm around his as we walked through the hall. "I'm still really tired." I told him honestly.

"Me too." He sighed, releasing his arm from my grasp and wrapping it around my shoulder tightly. "Let's go back to sleep. We've got a few hours to kill." He said as he looked out the large window of the castle. The sun was hardly up in the sky, meaning it still had to be before 8:00.

We casually walked down the stairs to the dungeons, the castle light getting dimmer as we walked. The change in the atmosphere was always so relaxing to me. It always made me feel more comfortable.

Draco pulled his wand out and opened the entrance for us. We walked into the common room where his roommates all sat together on the couch. He walked up to them as I followed close behind.

"Morning, gentlemen." He told them as he plopped himself down on the couch for a moment. I awkward last behind the couch, unsure how to join the conversation.

"How long before you're in a horrible mood again?" Goyle rolled his eyes as he asked the question. He was still slightly annoyed with Draco's previous behavior in recent weeks.

"Eh.. 'Bout another day or so." Draco told them as he shrugged his shoulders. His hollow voice sounded like he was telling them the truth, earning groans from his friends. I really hoped that didn't apply to me as well. I did not feel like dealing with the depressed and angry Draco every second of everyday.

"Maybe Brown will bring out the best in you." Crabbe suggested as he looked over at me. My eyes widened as I heard my name, not expecting to be brought up. A discreet smirk appeared on Blaise's lips at the words, knowing that was far from the truth.

Draco looked back at me as I stood behind him, a smile on his lips as he did. I could feel the heat rushing to my cheeks as his light eyes met mine. He licked his lips once and flashed me a quick wink before he turned back to the boys sitting in front of him.

"Nah." Draco laughed, shaking his head. "If that were the case, I would've changed years ago." He chuckled.

I knew he wasn't lying, just like Blaise. It didn't matter how much he loved me, or how happy I made him. He had his harsh ways set in stone since he was child. He was never going to let his soft side show for anyone else. He'd carry out this hard persona for as long as he felt like he needed to in life.