43

I saw Harry waiting outside of Umbridge's office. He was pacing back and forth like he was waiting on my arrival. I made my way up to him, nervous about what might happen.

"I'm putting our differences aside. I know you're nice enough that you're already going to do just that. We go in here together, we stick together, and we leave together. Deal?" I asked, sticking out my pinky.

He chuckled at my pinky stuck out towards him, "I haven't made pinky promise in years. Cute." He smiled. He wrapped his pinky around mine.

I smiled back at him warmly. He walked up to the door, entering the room first. I quickly followed behind him. We walked in and stood next to each other, looking around.

I shot a weird look at Harry when I took in the appearance of the room. Everything was bloody pink. She has to have issues.

"Good evening." She said softly. We both just stared at her. "Sit." Her eyes looked at the desks in front of her. Harry walked over first, and I followed him again. We sat side by side waiting on her to speak.

"You're going to be doing some lines for me today." She said, a small smile on her lips. Harry reached for his quill and she spoke again.

"You two won't be needing your own quills. I have a special one of mine for you both to borrow." She chirped. I shot Harry a look, but he continued looking at her.

She laid the brown quills in front of both of us on our desks, and returned to her seat.

"Now,  Mr. Potter, I want you to write 'I must not tell lies'." She sighed.

"Miss Brown, I want you to write 'I will fix my attitude'." She chuckled.

Harry let out a small sigh. "How many times?" He asked her.

"Well, let's say.. as many as it takes for the message to sink in." She told him. "Brown, you do have a set number, however. 30. No more, no less. Got it?" She asked me.

"Got it." I mumbled softly.

"You haven't given us any ink." Harry spoke up.

"Oh, you won't need any ink." She informed us.

Harry and I both started our first line. Red ink flowed out of the quills instantly. I've never seen a quill with ink in it. How interesting.

Harry started to twitch his hand slightly, causing my eyes to flash over to him before returning to my work. Suddenly, my left hand started burning. I looked down and noticed the words "I will fix" carving their way into it as I hadn't even finished my sentence. I let out a small grunt in pain, as did Harry.

I looked over at him and his eyes were on me. We both continued writing, soon realizing our blood was the ink appearing on the paper. The pain was soon unbearable. "Ow, ow, ow." I started wincing, only on my second line. The skin healed over, leaving a red mark behind.

Harry put his quill down after three and looked at Umbridge.

"Yes?" She asked. He just stared at her.

"Nothing." He said, never breaking eye contact.

"That's right. Because deep down you know you deserve to be punished." She told him. "Don't you, Mr. Potter?"

Harry never answered her. Just continued to stare.

"Go on." She nodded towards his paper. Harry picked his quill up and continued. I felt tears forming as I was on my fifth line. 25 more.