104

"How long are you coming back for?" I asked Draco as we walked into the castle hand in hand. The air was buzzing with excitement for the new year, though many would forget their happiness shortly when they remembered the true darkness happening in the world right now.

"Only a couple days." He sighed. He didn't even mind leaving school anymore. He was excited to go home, get away from here, and reunite with Nova. Even though she was a gift for me, you'd think that Draco used that as his excuse to purchase her for himself.

"Then how long will you be gone?" I asked him in a lower voice. My disappointment was obvious. I didn't want him to go. I hated being separated from him, no matter how long the period of time was.

"Few weeks." He huffed while he released my hand and draped his arm over my shoulder. He kept his gaze forward, not wanting to see my sad face for the millionth time. I had carried it around for days as I thought about him leaving me here alone.

"I hope it goes well," I told him softly, causing him to pull me into his side further.

"Why? You worried about me?" He teased as he finally looked down at my face. I chuckled lightly, acting amused by his questions.

"No," I told him honestly. "You'll be fine. I know that. I just hope that you manage to survive without me." I teased, flipping my hair back in the process. He scoffed once as he grabbed a hold of my shoulder.

"Trust me, I think I'll manage." He told me seriously. We made our way to the dungeons where we knew the others would already be found. Some of them hadn't even returned home for the Holidays except for Blaise and Aria. They all said they didn't really believe it was worth it this year.

"Helloooo," I called out as the entrance shifted in front of us. Draco put his wand away as he followed behind me towards the couches where a few of our friends were seated.

"Hey! How was your Christmas? Did you love birds have fun?" Aria asked me as she leaned over the back of the couch. I walked up behind them, wrapping my arms around Blaise's neck and choking him in a hug in a joking manner.

"Yeah, it was fun. We enjoyed it." I smiled sweetly. Draco threw himself down on a lounge chair across from us, not doing much of the talking.

Blaise grabbed ahold of my arms and flipped me over the couch and his body. I screamed as it took me by surprise before I landed on my back across his and Aria's laps. He chuckled lowly at my surprise when he saw the fear on my face.

Draco smirked as he watched, also thinking Blaise throwing me around effortlessly was humorous. I hit Blaise's chest as I still laid on him, not feeling a need to get up.

"I thought I had missed you, but maybe I was wrong." I glared up at him as his laughter didn't stop. He squished my cheeks together with his hand, causing my lips to pucker up.

"Is that any way to speak to your best friend?" He asked with hurt in his words. He furrowed his brows together and blinked a few times, waiting for me to give a response.

"That's my best friend, get your own." Aria scolded him as she nodded her head in Draco's direction. We all glanced at him, but he had stopped paying attention.

Draco's eyes were locked on the floor as he fiddled with his robe. His brows were furrowed tightly and his jaw was clenched up. He was deep in thought, but I wasn't sure what it was about.

"Oh Juliet, it'd be so strange if we kissed right now. In front or our significant others." Blaise started teasing while he stared at him to see if he'd gain Draco's attention. "Wow, Jules, you should leave Draco for me. Let's run away together, they'll never know." Blaise started yelling louder.