22

I had on a long sleeved emerald green dress. The neck line was plunging, landing just below my sternum and exposing most of my chest while the bottom cut off on my mid-thighs . The material was velvet that caught the reflection of the fire light while I moved around in the mirror.

I slipped on my black red bottom heels, and put on a dainty silver necklace with small stars on it. I fiddled with Draco's ring one last time and played a mental war about if I should wear it or not. The only awkward part is if someone noticed it on my hand, and surely there won't be anyone paying near enough attention to suspect that it's not just a piece of my own jewelry.

I walked out of the bathroom that was connected to my room and headed towards the door so I could just tip the bandage off and enter this night of Hell. I could hear light music coming from down the steps, and by the look of the time some guests had surely arrived by now.

I was extremely nervous in the pit of my stomach. I knew I wasn't going to know the people here, and it just made me feel uneasy that I didn't even know what this event was for. I saw my parents greeting guests at the bottom of the stairs and it made me feel  better that they were waiting for me.

My mother noticed my approach first as she put her arm out and allowed for me to latch onto it. She gave me a warm smile, and led me towards a dining hall where most of the guests were already located.

"You look beautiful, my dear." She told me with her eyes forward. I made sure to stand tall next to her to look as poised as I could.

"Thank you, mother. You know I get it from you." I returned the compliment in a flat voice. So loving. Such a happy family. Putting on a show like the Malfoy's...

We walked around the room for a few minutes to greet some others who stood around and waited for something to happen. The number of eyes trying to read me while I stood in front of them did it's job— everyone was intimidating me. Soon, the clinking of silverware on a glass started to fill the room and all conversations grew silent while my throat formed a lump.

"If everyone could please take their seats, we will be starting our dinner shortly." Lucius announced, raising his glass in the air. My mother pulled me towards where Lucius was sitting at the head of the table with Narcissa at his right and Draco at his left.

My heart stopped at the sight of Draco. He had on an all black tuxedo. His black under shirt having some buttons undone towards the top, loosely opening it. He had his hair slicked back like he used to wear it a couple years before. Silver rings lined a few of his slim fingers that pattered against the top of the table impatiently. A thin, silver chain necklace hung around his neck.

He is so handsome.

My mother dropped me off at the seat next to Draco and gave me a small smile before she joined my father on the other side. I gave her a glance of confusion, but she used her eyes to direct me to sit down in the empty chair. I didn't ask questions, and I was glad that if I wasn't seated next to her, Draco was the next best choice.

I took my seat next to him, instantly feeling relief as I could smell his strong and fresh cologne in the air surrounding us. He kept his gaze straight ahead to his mother who was staring back at him. I felt my nerves taking over again while I looked between the two of them. His brows were furrowed with slight anger on his face and I could feel the intensity and tension radiating off of him.

Is he mad I'm sitting here? I would be, too, I guess. He gets annoyed by me 20% of the time, and now it probably looks like I'm his plus one.

I wiped my hands on my legs because my palms continued sweating from the anxiety I felt in my chest. The lighting in the room was dim with candlelight and it put an eery feeling into the air. I was trying to not let my nerves get the best of me, but I felt like I was failing horribly. Please, let me leave.