17

The two of us walked into Hogsmeade without a clue of what we wanted to eat, and stupid grins on our lips while we told each other a few pitiful jokes and funny stories along the way.

"Okay, what are you in the mood for?" Draco tried asking again now that we had arrived. I looked around at the buildings surrounding us and I didn't feel picky at all.

"Anything." I blurted out. "I am so hungry that I will eat anything." I huffed.

"Do you always get so moody when you're hungry?" He mumbled under his breath, but not quiet enough that I couldn't hear what he said. I tried smacking him in the arm, but it only ended up hurting my hand from the impact against his shoulder— which forced an amused laugh out of him.

I crossed my arms over my chest and let out a sigh. He always has been annoying.

"I'll tell you what, brat. I'm paying for it, so I'll pick where we eat." Draco said innocently as we continued walking. I gasped at the name he had called me, and he ducked away from me with a chuckle while he waited for me to swing at him again.

"You don't have to pay for it, dickeater. You know as well as I do that I can pay for my own stuff..." I told him in a nasty tone.

"Dickeater? I'm sure that's one of your favorite names, isn't it?" He teased me. My eyes widened for a second as I held in my laugh. "I know I don't have to pay for you, but I'm going to." He chuckled. "Is that something that friends do?" He asked. I couldn't tell if he was being serious or not.

"Well, that depends... Do you pay for Zabini's meals when you go out to eat?" I laughed at him. Of course he doesn't.

"Shut up." He said quickly as he kept his eyes forward. I giggled at his slight embarrassment while we found a small restaurant.

"When did we decide we were friends? Last I checked, I never actually forgave you. I even recall telling you I hated you." I shrugged. Draco grabbed my wrist to bring me to a stop, and my brows furrowed as he slowly pulled me so we stood chest to chest.

"Do you really hate me?" He faked a pout while he stared at my lips— lips that were so close to touching his lips. Fuck.

"I-" I stuttered. Why the fuck am I stuttering? Get me out of this nightmare.

"It's okay. I think your little crush is cute. I like how much you seem to like me." He mocked with a laugh, shoving me away from him and headed back in our original direction.

"I don't have a crush on you! I just had another boyfriend less than an hour ago!" I yelled after him while I caught up to his longer strides.

"It's okay. I like 'em wicked. I won't tell your boyfriend about your mental affair with me." He winked back over his shoulder, and I wasn't sure if it was embarrassment or anger that was making my face feel so hot. Anger. Definitely anger.

"Fuck you, Draco." I crossed my arms over my chest again.

"Oh, I'm sure you would." He rolled his tongue over his lips while he grabbed the doorknob and looked down at me with a smirk. "I'm kidding, Jules. You just make picking on you so easy." He chuckled lowly. I looked up at the sign and noticed that this place was above the typical standards of two Hogwarts students swinging by for a bite to eat.

But that might have been for the best. No other students would be in here— and no one would spot me out and about with Draco as my company.

"Y'know, the three broomsticks would've been perfectly fine with me." I told him.

"Why on Earth would I take you to eat at that slime ball?" He asked with a look of disgust. Personally, I didn't mind the three broomsticks even if I had only been there a handful of times. I guess Draco and his friends stuck to the upper ends of Hogsmeade during our visits.