67

My friends and I were doing our hair and makeup as we prepared for the big quidditch match that was taking place today.

"I'm so excited!" Dani squealed out of no where, "the first match of the year!" She jumped up and down like a little kid. All of us could feel the excitement as well, ready to watch our friends crush- hopefully- Gryffindor.

I threw on a short tennis skirt with some tights and Draco's old quidditch sweater. I put on my leather boots and brushed out my curls quickly. I pushed a black headband onto my head to hold my hair back out of the way.

This was one of the first times I had done my hair and makeup in a few days. I liked dressing up and looking pretty, and wondered why I had let myself stop. It always made me feel better about myself. Maybe it would bring a new man into my life. Distract me a little bit.

"So, what's going on with him?" Maggie asked curiously as she looked down at Draco's old sweater. Well, so much for thinking about other boys. I just shrugged my shoulders as I let out a confused laugh.

"Beats me." I responded, grabbing my wand off of the nightstand.

"I figured you two were back to being friends again considering you had his sweater on. You two are so back and forth I can never keep up. Thought you might have made up with one another when we went clubbing and he carried you home." She said in confusion. The other two were also looking at me in curiosity, wanting to keep up with mine and Draco's drama. I just shook my head before I responded.

"No, I haven't talked to him in weeks." I answered honestly in a blank voice. I didn't have much care for the conversation. No matter what, my life always revolves around Draco.

"I honestly feel so bad for him. He has to be doing so poorly with everything going on. If word came out that my father was working for... you know who, I probably would react the exact same way. Especially if they took him away from me. I know his grades are suffering, he's never even in class." Aria huffed, feeling sincerity for the boy she used to hate. "I only like him now because he's friends with Blaise, but even Blaise said it's not good..." Her words dropped slightly at the end of the sentence, not wanting to say much else about it. I felt my stomach churn at the thought of what he probably looked like now.

He had looked so sick a few short weeks ago, I couldn't even imagine. It made me so sick, constantly worrying about him so much. I purposely chose not to think about it throughout the days, not liking how much it affected my own mood. I shook the thought off and tried to let it go again.

Each of us took turns painting a big #1 on our cheeks.

"We love Zabini!" I shouted.

"He's so hot!" Maggie joked.

"I love you, Blaise!" Dani giggled.

We all pretended to fan girl over Blaise, our laughter filling the air. Aria tried her best to pretend to be mad at us, but she failed miserably. She enjoyed how well we all got along with him. How much each of us loved him. And I really, truly did. I don't know what I would've done without him around, especially this year.

"Not funny." She teased, making her way to the door.  We all followed behind her, our giggles still continuing as we continued to make jokes behind her back.

As we walked down the steps I saw Draco sitting on the couch by himself in the common room. He had a book in his hand as his back faced us. My giggling slowed down as I noticed him, bringing me to a stop in my tracks. I looked back at my friends who already knew what I was going to do.

"I'll meet you guys at the arena." I told them softly. They gave me weak smiles and nodded their heads, hoping I could help him out a little bit. I walked across the room and stood behind him timidly.