37

We both had calmed down after our fit of laughter so I took the time to ask him the question I had on my mind now.

"Do you know the legilimency spell?" I asked bluntly, getting straight to the point.

"Now?" He asked, one of his eyebrows raised.

"Yea." I nodded.

"No." He sighed. "I'm working on it. My father says I'm close, but I don't have it down yet. Honestly, I'm not even sure how close I actually am." He shook his head. I squinted my eyes, not entirely sure I believed him.

Draco, you are the hottest guy I know. No one is better than you. You are so perfect. Although, I would kiss Harry Potter before I ever thought of dating you again. You suck as a wizard. And I'm a million times better as a witch than you are.

His expression never changed. No smirk at the first part of my thoughts. No cringe at the middle. No anger at the end. Nothing.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" He asked casually. I just shrugged my shoulders.

"So you didn't hear anything I just thought?" I asked again, trying to pull it out of him.

"No, although I'm now curious to know what it was." He chuckled.

I used this as my opportunity to practice my skills. I casually placed my arm on my desk, letting my hand fall on top of my wand. I just stared at him with a blank face, trying to not give it away. I really didn't want him knowing I could do the spell because I'd rather keep it a secret, but I haven't gotten to practice on anyone yet except for my parents.

Merlin, I can't get over how good she looks. I wish she looked like this every day. So casual. And comfortable. I wish we could talk like this more. Just be friends again. I just know it'll never work. At least with the protection spell from my father on my ring around her neck I won't have to worry about her as much this year.

My eyes bulged out of my head. "THE WHAT?" I shouted. Completely forgetting that I was trying to be discreet about being inside of his thoughts. Too late for that now.

Draco's eyes reflected mine quickly, popping out of his head at my outburst. He quickly sat up on my bed, his eyes not leaving mine. A look of worry crossed his face.

"Can you hear me?!" He panicked. I didn't know how to respond. "How? How long have you been able to do that?" He freaked out. "Wait, can you actually?!"

Jules, if your father taught you how to do this before mine taught me, I'm actually going to be pissed off. I can hardly do occlumency if you haven't noticed. Let alone legilimency.

"First of all, I taught myself, my father doesn't even know I can do it. Second, you can't do occlumency yet?" I asked in surprise. Surely, I thought he'd have learned that by now.

"HOLY FUCK!" He shouted, jumping off of the bed. He stared at me in astonishment. "HOW?" He screamed.

"Okay, first of all, quit screaming!" I whisper shouted at him. I didn't want to draw any attention to my room if I didn't have to. He pulled his wand out of his pocket and pointed it at my door.

"Muffliato." He said, and turned back towards me.

He walked over to where I was and grabbed a hold of my shoulders. He picked me up off of the chair, and led me over to my bed. He forced me to sit down on the edge and pulled up the chair I was just in, sitting it in front of me and taking a seat.