61

I was shaking with anticipation as we walked through the hallways to the great hall. The O.W.L exam would be started in about 15 minutes, so we were hoping to arrive early.

Aria looked more nervous than any of us, afraid that she wouldn't pass the exam. Draco and I tried our best to teach her as much as we could, but there was only so much we could do. Blaise tried as well, hoping that he wasn't as intense as the two of us were, but it also failed.

I could feel my heart beating rapidly. The nausea taking over my stomach. I hated tests. I always have. They make me so nervous. I needed to be perfect. I knew I had the academic capability to pass, I just wanted to be the best. Draco placed his hand on the small of my back, making my breathing hitch in my throat at the sudden touch.

I looked over at him, his face calm and relaxed as we walked. He rubbed me softly before he removed his hand and gave me a small smile. He knew I was more nervous than I needed to be. He could read me too well. I let out a shaky breath.

I sat down at one of the desks, Aria taking a seat to my left and Draco to my right. I didn't look at either of them, staring straight ahead at the chalk board in the front of the room.

Umbridge already had everything we needed on all of the desks. She wrote the time on the chalk board so we knew how long we'd get to do our work. I looked at the testing book in front of me. Theory of Charms.

I'd be fine. There was no way I'd fail, surely I'd get a perfect in it. We only had two hours to work, and I wasn't even sure I'd need that much time. As all the students found a seat Umbridge cleared her throat.

"Begin." She said calmly. I opened the booklet and started reading.

Question 1: Give the incantation and describe the wand movement required to make objects fly.

I felt instant relief. I started working at a rapid pace, answering questions left and right. I felt like a machine, unable to stop myself from moving. I didn't want to take any breaks, worried that my brain would shut off while it was already on a roll. I saw Draco take a few glances over at me every once in a while as I worked rapidly, not taking my attention off of the paper for a second.

A loud noise caught the attention of most students in the room, but I continued working. I was trying my best to finish as soon as I could.

The booming noise happened again, gaining Draco's attention as well this time as he turned to the back of the room where it came from. The noise only seemed to be getting louder.

Umbridge started walking through the aisle quickly, finally causing me to look up from my test. My eyes followed her as her heels clicked against the floor. Many students around us started whispering, trying to figure out what was happening.

Umbridge opened the large door and a spark appeared in front of her face, floating there for a moment. It zipped into the room and exploded above us, letting off a firework. I stared up at it in utter confusion.

There was a moment of silence before yelling filled the hallway outside. The Weasley twins flew into the room quickly on their broomsticks, sending all of our exam sheets flying into the air. Many students started to cheer, but I was pissed off that my work was not only interrupted, but now lost throughout the room with the others.

"You have got to be shitting me." I said in an annoyed voice. Aria just laughed at me, joining the others who cheered in excitement. I shot her an annoyed look before a smile slowly formed on my face and I was giggling with her.

Dozens of fireworks were exploding over our heads, filling the room with an assortment of colors. It was so pretty to witness, my smile growing bigger as I looked up. Everyone stood from their desks and watched as the Wesley twins flew through the air. A sparkler flew at Goyle's face, causing him to slap it away. It zipped forward and nailed Crabbe in the butt as he tried to run away.