77

"Just ignore it, love. You're fine." I tried reassuring Draco as everyone stared at us while we were walking down the hall. I grabbed ahold of one of his hands and traced my thumb across the back of it in a soothing way. "Although, I'm not so sure if they're staring at you or me..." I grumbled, hugging my books to my chest tightly with my free arm.

We had been the talk of the castle after the weekend's incidents that had occurred. Rumors were spreading like wildfire about what had gone down in the Slytherin common room. The true story had pretty much been washed out of existence by now.

The other half of the stares were just because of the mere sight of Draco after he had been missing for so long. His gruesome and dreadful appearance made him more intimidating than ever for those around us.

I had to admit, if I weren't dating him and saw what he looked like now, AND heard that he had beat the living hell out of someone, I'd be scared and staring, too.

"Whatever..." Draco mumbled in annoyance. He released my hand from his and walked into the classroom ahead of me.

I brushed off his horrendous mood, knowing it had nothing to do with me and walked to my seat next to Aria. Draco sat beside Blaise, but was obviously elsewhere.

"Mr. Malfoy," Snape started quietly, "would you mind staying after class? I have a question for you." His voice was almost like nails on a chalkboard. I wished he would speak normally for once.

Draco nodded his head slowly before his mind left the room entirely. I knew he wasn't here. I could tell by the look on his face. He had been this moody all morning. He was nervous about coming to class and facing other students, and was upset about not working on the cabinet all day like he had been doing for weeks.

I tried telling him that his behavior wasn't normal and that he needed real help if his biggest problem in life was being obsessed with a cabinet. He said that I didn't understand. Didn't get it and probably never would.

I took that opportunity and reminded him that sooner rather than later I probably would get it. He hasn't really talked to me since, not enjoying the thought of what I was implying.

I hated it when he would get all doom and gloom like this. Won't have any conversations with me and shuts me out just like I'm apart of the rest of the world. Then I just follow him around like a lost puppy dog begging for his love and attention.

I let out a sigh at my thoughts, causing Aria to look at me in the middle of the lesson that Snape was giving. I gave her a weak smile, trying to assure her it was nothing. She already knew something was up, wanting me to spill the details and confide in her like I usually did.

'Draco' I mouthed to her. 'He's moody.' I made a mocking face, making fun of him for his constant bad moods. She giggled softly at my face, causing me to join in as well.

"Are you two having fun back there?" Snape's slow voice echoed throughout the room. "Brown and Evans. I'm talking to you." He announced. We both shot our attention to the front, trying our best to contain our giggles. The other students turned in our direction now, wanting the scoop on what Snape was stopping the class for.

"I'm sorry," I giggled, trying my best to keep a straight face as I spoke. Snape showed no amusement in my behavior. I cleared my throat before I let out another 'sorry' with a straight face this time.

He narrowed his eyes at us before his attention returned to the chalkboard in the front of the class. A smile slowly broke out on my face as I stared straight ahead. I could see Aria trying to contain herself as well out of my peripheral vision, making it even funnier.