92

"Do I look okay?" I asked quietly as I stared at myself in the golden full body mirror that resided in the corner of my bedroom. "Is it all too much? Not enough? I don't know. I can't even remember the last wedding I attended. Or if it'll even matter because I'm showing up to wreck the whole evening." I rambled all at once. My nerves were getting the best of me as I thought about the evening that lied ahead.

Draco chuckled slightly behind me as he stood up from the bottom corner of my bed. I could see him walking up towards me from behind in the reflection of the large mirror. He swept all of my hair to the side so that it was out of the way and started leaving soft kisses on the back of my neck.

"You're talking too much again." He mumbled against my skin, causing a shiver to run up and down my spine from his warm breath. He chuckled again at my reaction before his lips continued kissing my skin softly.

"You look so perfect. Nothing less than." He whispered, moving his lips to the side of my neck and up towards my ear. His hands snaked around my waist tightly, pulling my body back into his as his mouth started leaving small love bites.

I giggled lightly as I moved my head to the side, allowing for him to leave more kisses all over my neck. I looked at myself in the mirror, enjoying the image I saw even more now as Draco was wrapped around me and loving all over my body.

My short black dress hugged my small figure tightly. The long laced sleeves made it look more elegant, as well as the tight lace collar that hugged my neck. My short platinum hair hung just above my shoulders, straightened out by the flat iron.

My golden snake earrings hung off of my ears daintily. They were a gift from the Lord himself, delivered to my room by one of the house elves just a few minutes prior. He said that I had deserved them after my work all morning and afternoon. A gift.

Draco was pleased that the Dark Lord was finally taking such an interest in me. Draco had been in his good graces for weeks. He didn't want the Dark Lord taking too much of an interest in me though. Draco claimed that he also found it creepy at times how he treated me, but he couldn't let his overprotective tendencies affect him when it came to the Lord.

However, Draco did think that it didn't hurt anything that the Dark Lord liked me so much. If this is what it took to keep me from being tortured, then so be it. He said that it made his anxieties feel a lot better. He believed that I really did have the potential to become a soft spot for the Lord, and that I wouldn't have to face the harsh punishments that I had seen in the past.

I was the perfect little girl that everyone could come to love. The pretty one that every would want to adore just as his family did. Most of the would want to protect me, feeling something deep down that would keep them from letting me get into harms way. And I liked the idea of that just as much as Draco did.

Maybe his theory was correct. But one day I'd just ask the Lord for myself and find out. What would it hurt?

"I feel bad. Like, really bad." I told Draco softly as a knot in my stomach started to grow. "I don't really even have anything to feel bad about, but I do." I started to explain, causing his lips to slow down as he looked into my eyes in the mirrors reflection. I think he could see everything I was thinking as he looked at me.

"Talk to me." He whispered to me. He grabbed my hand and pulled me back towards the bed in the center of the room. He sat down on the edge and patted the spot right next to him, indicating for me to sit down with him. "Tell me what's bugging you, love." He said while he gave me a sweet smile.

It was a look from him that I hadn't seen on his face in what felt like ages. I felt the butterflies stirring around in my stomach as I looked at him, some of my worries and fears washing away at the sight. I plopped myself down on the bed as well.