6

Screaming. That's all I could seem to do right now. It was dark and I was scared shitless. This was the first nightmare I've had since I came to Hogwarts. I was away from my home, I didn't have my mother to comfort me, and I was stuck in a dorm with my friends— how embarrassing.

Aria rushed to my side as Dani quickly used her wand to light a few candles around the room for some light. They began checking on me, trying to make sure I was okay. All that could be heard through out the room was my hyperventilating and the panic in their voices. I could see their lips moving in front of me, but I couldn't hear a word coming out of their mouths. It was like the only sound I could hear was ringing.

It was the same dream as usual. The giant snake striking to eat me in the mysterious house. I looked around at the panic on all of their faces as they were sitting on my bed, embracing me, trying to get me to relax. It didn't matter what they did, nothing was working.

"I'm taking to you Madame Pomfrey, she'll be able to give you some medicine to relax and snap out of it." Ari said in a panic, pulling me off the bed, not knowing what else to do in the middle of the night.

All of them grabbed a hold of me, leading me out of the room. My sobs and heavy breathing quickly filled the quiet common room as we entered. Not that it mattered, it'd surely be empty at this time.

But I was wrong, I saw a figure jump up from the couch in a panic as we all made our way down the stairs. His silver eyes filling with worry at the sight of me, not knowing what to do.

"What did you do to her?" He spat at my friends, making his way over to us as we walked through the room. Maggie scoffed at him, unsure why he cared so much about the situation. They were still unaware about the deal he had in place with our fathers.

"Nothing! She woke up like this!" Dani told him, fear running through her words as she said them.

"Oh, piss off, Malfoy!" Maggie yelled at him, continuing to push me out of the room. Draco stepped in front of us, blocking the exit and forcing us to come to a stop. His face continued to search mine as I cried, trying to read my eyes with his own.

"You never seem to give two shits about anybody any other time, why do you suddenly care now? You're nothing but a fucking prick who bullies the people around you! You're just nosey, and now you'll run off to your dorm room and make fun of her like the dick you are! Now, get out of my face before Madame Pomfrey has to give me the calming draught as well, asswipe!" Maggie shoved him out of her way, and pulled me through the door leading to the hallway, Aria and Dani right on our heels.

I couldn't get Draco's shocked expression out of my mind as I walked through the halls. Surely, he didn't care about me that much.

It seemed like things just couldn't get any worse, but I was wrong. I'd find that much out soon enough.

I felt groggy as hell the morning after Madame Pomfrey had shoved that disgusting potion down my throat. I don't care how bad my nightmares get, I refuse to drink THAT ever again.

"So, why do you get these dreams?" Dani asked. We were currently walking through the hallway on our way to charms class.

"Beats me." I mumbled, keeping my gaze straight ahead. I didn't feel like playing a game of 20 questions right now.

"What are they about?" Maggie tried probing some more.

"You know, I'd really rather not talk about this anymore, if that's okay with you guys?" I said, trying to shake off the conversation as a whole. I think it came off as a little rude, but I didn't care at this point.