War Log #1: A Brief Order

United States of America: 1939

In the government, they are preparing new concept of future technologies in order to rise to power much like the empires of Europe. The most part will be the United States Navy, both 1st World War and inter-war era warships are sent to be preserved, scrapped, or to be still in used. Many of the ships are built in the 1910s until the 1930s, they still are in good use when there is a new war coming. But the United States decided to stay neutral and stay away from the War on Europe, but still giving out supplies.

The naval governments of the United States Navy are calling out ship researchers inorder to think of many new concept of battleships, and as well aircraft carriers. With the success of Lexington-class and Yorktown-class aircraft carriers, more aircraft carriers are planned to be built.

But the most powerful ship at the moment are the use of battleships, large and powerful hulks of steel with monstrous main and secondary turrets, with several guns for close naval combat. Followed by Battlecruisers, Heavy and Light Cruisers, and Destroyers, they are the ones to rule the waves. Aircraft Carriers are just in case of the last card of the gambling table.

With many reports of the rise of large and monstrous battleships such as the King George V-class and Bismarck-class battleships that are launched on the 1930s, also reports of the Richelieu-class battleships, Vittorio Veneto-class battleships, and the construction of the Yamato-class battleships.

As for  the United States, their current battleships are built from the 1st World War and inter-war. Several dreadnoughts served the 1st World War before being scuttled, sunk, scrapped or being studied for future battleships.

The current powerful battleships that are new are the Colorado-class, North Carolina-class, and South Dakota-class

In the General Board of the United States back in 1938

W. F. G was William Francis Gibbs an American naval architect.

W. H was William Hovgaard who was then the president of New York Shipbuilding.

J.H was John Metten who helped and oversee the contruction of many US Navy ships.

J. W. P was Joseph W. Powell

J. S was Joseph Strauss who is a Former Chief of the Bureau of Ordnance.

General Board: We need more powerful battleships in the future for just in case. The South Dakota-class are very succesful and they will be launched in a few years after construction. But now, we need a more powerful class that can be stronger and almost invincible as the SOuth-Dakota-class. That is our request from you, do you accept?

W. F. G: We accept your request, our team shall start conceptualizing right away!

The General Board requested an entirely new design study, again focusing on increasing the size of the 35,000-long-ton (36,000 t) South Dakota-class. 

The first plans made for this indicated that 30 knots (56 km/h; 35 mph) was possible on a standard displacement of about 37,600 long tons (38,200 t). 33 knots (61 km/h; 38 mph) could be bought with 220,000 shp (160,000 kW) and a standard displacement of around 39,230 long tons (39,860 t), which was well below the London Treaty's "escalator clause" maximum limit of 45,000 long tons (45,700 t).

The first concepts of these powerful battleships have many major problems when it comes to the requested designs and mechanisms of the ship. Several blueprints and printed texts showing the measurements and the armaments needed are carried out to be accept only to be needed few modifications and new planning of the concept battleships.