War Log #13: Two Castles

Dick Best and McClusky's Squadron

The squadron was now in the middle of nowhere confused on where is the enemy fleet, having the thought of the radioman mistaken of the sighting reporta and the chance of the Japanese changing course.

McClusky swings his own binoculars over the ocean, asfrustrated as Best. But then he locks on a spot to the north. 

McClusky: We got something. 

The binoculars reveal the wake of a ship heading north atflank speed -- the destroyer that was pinning down theAmerican submarine. 

McClusky: Ha! Ha! Ha!

Radioman (V.O.):What is it? 

McClusky:Looks like a Jap destroyer. What doyou want to bet she's trying to catchup with the carriers? 

McClusky turns the stick and the SBD banks to match the courseof the Japanese destroyer.

Radioman (V.O.): We are here for two hours, if we kept on going, we would lose our fuel!

McClusky: Than the Japanese sinking our beloved Yorktown sisters!

McClusky: To hell with it! We are going to their fleet as possible!

McClusky: Follow me boys!

McClusky calls out his squadron going after the destroyer Arashi as Best's squadron follows.

Meanwhile at the Japanese fleet, at 9:55, the Hornet Torpedo Squadron 8 we're being attacked by the Japanese Zeroes while approaching the Main fleet, with AA guns firing, the squadron was disconnected as the others dropped their load and fire their attacks.

At the Akagi

Mechanics furiously repair and refuel planes as munitionsteams rush from the magazine elevator with armor-piercingbombs and torpedoes. Gas lines weave back and forth acrossthe deck among discarded high-explosive bombs.

Genda: They're almost finished. 

Ad. Chuichi Nagumo: Good. We will launch a full attackand crush the enemy task force.

Meanwhile high up in the sky, McClusky and Best's Squadron from the Enterprise and Yorktown, finally through the clouds, after following the Arashi, they now saw the entire Japanese fleet.

Dick Best: God damn it. That magnificent son of a bitch actually found them!

Dick Best: ALRIGHT BOYS! Follow me!

They followed him as they dive down closer to the Japanese fleet.

At a few miles away...

???: ALRIGHT BOYS!

???: LET'S BLOW THEIR PARTY SHALL WE!

Spotter: SIR!!! BATTLESHIPS!!!

Ad. Nagumo: Nani?!

Ad. Nagumo rushes to the window takes his binoculars looking forward, there he sees the bow of two battleships with their turrets facing forward. 

Genda: What shall we do Admiral?

Ad. Nagumo: It's just two battleships, we have seven battleships and four aircraft carriers, they will be underwater in a few minutes.

As Ad. Nagumo finishes his reply, he heard aircraft noises, not before long, his men at the AA guns fired up the skies, he cranned his head as a swarm of enemy planes headed above the Kaga, looking at the battleships heading towards them, he decides to focus on targeting first the enemy planes and then the aircraft carriers as well as the battleships.