War Log #5: Fighting Spirit

Pearl Harbor, December 14, 1941

A few days after the attack, Pearl Harbor was salvaging and scrapping the damaged ships, others were for in long repairs as some have light to moderately damage. But some other ships didn't survived and get to be salvaged. One of them was the skeletal hull of the USS Arizona.

The repair crew took out her bridge, coning towers, and some of her armaments, all of them send to salvaging for new parts for the other ships and others to be scrapped. Only what remains is the Arizona's entire hull, with one of her main turrets still screwed and the hole remains. She now sits underwater with oil leaking out as some sailors noticed it. The Arizona around her was filled with oil, and blood...

The blood of those who are killed by the surprise attack.

On a small land, at the view of towing battleships and other ships, a cemetery was held in the honor of those who died in the surprise attack. All stand and fire as a tradition to those brave souls who served in the navy and in the army.

Many families visited the graves to send their American flags and flowers to those who died, sharing a little talks to within other families and sailors who visited the graves.

M. D. F: I'm so sorry for their losses.

I. O. R: Those bastards got us real hard. Many families are now tearing for the loss of their husbands.

Both looked at their right to see Dick Best with his wife Ann Best talking to Marie Pearce.

M. D. F: Roy Pearce didn't survived... *Sigh*

Dick Best: I'm so sorry.

Marie Pearce: Roy... wanted to be a pilot like you.

Marie Pearce: But I talked him out of it.

Marie Pearce: I said that it to be dangerous...

Silence...

Marie Pearce: I'll see you in the next funeral.

Ann Best: You don't have to go.

Marie Pearce: Yes I do. We're family.

They hugged each other while M.D. F. and I. O. R are worried for their missing brothers.

M. D. F: Is there any reports of the missing sailors?

I. O. R: There is no new update of the missing sailors. Gosh I wish my older brother is alright.

Both looked at the Pearl, seeing how many was lost, they know that the war they desperately tried to stay away from had now come to them, but instead it was the Japanese who engaged them first.

???: Matthew? Is that you?

???: I heard that you have just arrive.

Both stopped as the voices sound familiar, they almost sound their missing brothers, but... It can't be. The doctors haven't report anything about the missing sailors from the USS Arizona.

M. D. F: It... can't be. Brother?

I. O. R: Is that you...?

Both looked back to see...

Two mean in their sailor uniform, but there a few blood stains on the white cloth, they have a few bandages around them, one of them was in the head. They both walked out from the hospital going to visit the graves of their once friends.

???: B.Brother!

???: Irvin! 

Both of them released tears of joy and happiness, seeing their brothers who are from the USS Enterprise, all right. But the ones who released tears the most are M. D. F. and I. O. R. who they thought their brothers died, they're now found and they're alive.