War Log #19: The Final Years

Atlantic, 1941-1944

One year after the Attack on Pearl Harbor,  US ppresident Franklin D. Rossevelt declared war on the Empire of Japan, followed by Germany. Most of the ships that were in the USA  are send to escort transport ships for supplies and ammunitions for the Allies in Europe. 

While the Soviet Union are fighting the Germans in the Eastern front, the Kriegsmarine send out numerous warships to fight the naval forces of the British.

During that time, the Free France faction was formed to take back France to freedom after being taken over by the Nazis, especially Vichy France, it's puppet state. It would soon follow Italy bailing out of the Facist group and sided with the Allies.

The Royal Navy was beginning to get worried, after the loss of HMS Hood, as then HMS Prince of Wales and HMS Repulse by the Japanese, but they never surrendered, at what cost, they sunk Hitler's famed ship, the Bismarck. Sunk beneath the waves the Kriegsmarine began to weaken, but their secret weapons are the U-boats, German submarines that torpedoed many transport ships as well as other warships.

USS England sank most of the U-boats that were trying to sunk the transport ships. This  followed by cruisers, battleships, and aircraft carriers. The Royal Navy finally got reinforcements from the United States Navy, increasing the strength of both allies and navies.

Canada also joined the war, with their Canadian Navy. All ships escorted and guarded American ships upon arriving to the Europe mainland.  This ended in many ships sacrificing themselves for the greater good, being hit my German ships and submarines.

In the United States Navy, while the Atlantic was on war, the War at the Pacific happened, they commissioned three ships to Pearl Harbor which is...

USS Missouri (BB-63)

Ordered on June 12, 1940.

Laid down on January 6, 1941

Launched on November 1, 1941

Commissioned on March 29, 1942

USS Winconsin (BB-64)

Ordered on June 12, 1940.

Laid down on January 25, 1941

Launched on December 19, 1941

Commissioned on March 30, 1942

USS Illinois (BB-65)

Ordered on June 15, 1940.

Laid down on January 2, 1941

Launched on November 1, 1941

Commissioned on March 29, 1942

From the Iowa-class battleships, these 3 have been commissioned for the Battle of the Pacific, the USN send out their remaining ships to Europe, those are...

USS Iowa (BB-61)

Ordered on July 1, 1939.

Laid down on June 27, 1940

Launched on November 21, 1941

Commissioned on April 12, 1942

USS New Jersey (BB-62)

Ordered on June 15, 1940.

Laid down on September16, 1940

Launched on December 19, 1941

Commissioned on April 12, 1942

USS Kentucky (BB-66)

Ordered on September 9, 1940.