Do You Know Just How Pretty You Are? (✨)

By:@/Brxvery on AO3

Summary:
Louis's always been treated a little bit more special than everyone working for the Styles family.. He knows that Harry is behind some of it- with that strange gaze always on Louis.. He doesn't exactly understand it until Harry shows him.

Work Text:
Louis straightened the black skirt that he wore. Okay, not necessarily a black skirt, but the maid uniform he wore made it seem like a skirt- so he called it a skirt. It was all part of the uniform that he had to wear to wear in order to work as a maid at the Styles residence.

He really wouldn't have taken the job with it's requirements unless the pay was genuinely good. Which it was. When a millionaire hires staff, apparently they have hundreds to spend on good maids, cooks, chauffeurs.. All of that. Why a family of four needed all that, Louis didn't know. The house was huge, yes, but still... He didn't understand, but he got picked- and to his surprise, not as a chauffeur.

The day he was picked had been a bit confusing, yet relieving that he even got a job that paid so well. He had been phoned, telling him to report to the Styles mansion- yes, it was a fucking mansion- immediately. He did as told. Next thing he knows is that he's being fitted for a uniform- and not for pants and a suit. No. For a skirt, panties, a button up blouse, thigh high socks, even specific shoe wear.

It had all been overwhelming.. But apparently the orders came straight from Harry, the youngest of the residents in the mansion. "Mr. Styles has requested you to keep strictly to the uniform code. You will be permitted a room in here to stay in. You will keep strictly to the instructions given."

So Louis did just that. It all seemed odd to him, the uniform and all. He even had a little white frilly clip to attach to his fringe.

At first, he found it all overwhelming. He had been so conscious of his skirt, though with most of his assigned tasks, he was kept to himself. And what a surprise, all the tasks given to him were specifically given by none other than Harry Styles himself. Which Louis found odd as well. During his month's work here, he's never once really spoken to Harry other than a 'goodmorning, sir', or something along those lines. He didn't complain. He knew not to.

But today, his task was special, at least that's what the other employees had said. "Mr. Styles has never allowed anyone to clean his room- much less ask for someone to clean it personally!" a girl squealed, looking at Louis with awe in her eyes.

Louis couldn't say much because he was one of the newest installments, and they all said he was getting a big job to do. Many girls had fussed with him, fixing the bow of the white, frilly apron that was tied over the black jumper he wore. They had made sure that his white blouse had no wrinkles, not even in the slightest. He wore white panties that had frills to match his skirt.

When he first recieved his uniform, it had been uncomfortable, but now, he had no trouble with wearing it. He sat down to pull up the thigh high black socks. These, he didn't even mind anymore. The little white Vans on his feet matched the apron, and he had long decided that no matter how feminine this was, he looked nice.

Finally, after what seemed an eternity of the girls trying to perfect Louis's look, the little hair clip was attached, and they all deemed him fit to go into the room. "You'll do good, Louis," someone said. And with that, he was off.

He's got to admit to himself, in his month spent in the mansion, everyone always steered clear of Harry's room. He didn't understand. Everyone thought Harry to be intimidating and all.. But Louis didn't understand. His few encounters with the man that landed him a job weren't too bad. He thought that maybe it was just because Harry was only 24 and had so much wealth. That's got to be it. Especially since most of the staff, Louis included, were ranging from ages 18 to 35. Sometimes, he felt pretty special, considering that he was only 18 and he got "special treatment'.