Take You With Me Every Time I Go Away(🎀)

By starryhaze on AO3

Summary:
“What’re you doing pup?” Louis asks quietly, doesn't want to destroy the soft bubble they created.

“‘m making a playlist.” He answered. “With like uhm songs that remind me of…us.” Harry squirms and Louis immediately releases calming pheromones to let the omega know it's okay.

“Yeah, show me?” Louis asks and Harry slowly hands his phone to Louis.

-

or the one where they make a playlist and it works as a makeshift nest when Harry has to go away for a couple of days and is anxious to be without his alpha.

Work Text:
“It’s only a couple days, and then you’ll be back.” Louis says with a reassuring smile that does nothing to lift Harry's pout.

“I know, ‘m still gonna miss you and our nest, and you and me in our nest.” He mumbles and Louis squeezes his waist.

“Me too pup.” Louis promises and pulls Harry closer to hug him. Harry immediately buries his nose into Louis' neck, where his scent is the strongest and relaxes as soon as he's surrounded by the comforting smell of his alpha.

Louis lets Harry be, knows that the omega needs it even after Louis spent almost all of his morning scenting Harry and the hoodie he is wearing now.

Harry likes to think he is an independent, modern omega that doesn't need an alpha to live a fulfilling life. He is with Louis because he wants to and not because he needs to and yet, lately even the thought of being away from Louis had his inner omega feeling restless and needy for their alpha. They’re not even bonded but sometimes it physically aches Harry when Louis is not right by his side, holding him and whispering sweet nothings into his ear.

It’s confusing because while he always loved being close to Louis, he was never that dependent on him or their nest. He wants nothing more than to go back to their small flat and lay back down in the nest they’ve constructed so carefully.

Harry shuffles impossible closer to Louis, inhales the smell of cigarettes that mixes with the scent of brown sugar and carefully places a few kitten licks over the spot where Louis bond mark would be one day. Sometime soon, hopefully.

“What's wrong pup?” Louis' voice is soft and gentle, always so gentle with him. “Talk to me?”

“Nothing.” Harry says, lifting his head a bit so his voice isn’t completely muffled by Louis black hoodie and jean jacket. “I don’t know.” He tags on with a sigh and it’s the truth. He’s not sure why he is acting the way he is. It's only going to be two days, they've spent longer times apart and managed.

“You’re starting to worry me H. If you really don’t want to go, call your boss and tell her you’ve gone into heat or that I went into rut or I’ve got the pox and you need to scratch my back and can’t leave me.”

Harry giggles and shakes his head. “You're not supposed to scratch ‘em.” He says, peeking up at Louis only to find him already looking back, a fond expression on his face.

“Oh well then you need to stop me from scratching, works just as well hm?”

“I love you.”

“I love you too, omega.” Harry lets out a quiet purr, making Louis look around them and pull him even closer. Not because he is embarrassed, he's just overly protective over Harry purring. The action only makes Harry purr louder.

“Seriously though, do you want to stay here?” Louis picks the topic up again.

“No, I dunno. It’s silly but just the thought of being away from you makes me so restless. I don't know why and the only thing that can slightly help with that is our nest but I won’t have that, will I? But this job would look so great on my résumé.”