My Darling Hazel (I'd Do Anything To See You Smile)🎀

Notes:
Hi! This is the first one of the ones that I wrote to post here. This is also my first time writing so please be gentle. Also this took me a while to write so I hope it's good idk. It also means so much to me considering H is a trans character and I've put some of my own feelings in his character:')

@Idkjustlarry
is my name in AO3 btw so give me kudos if you want and if you like it:)

Summary:
Louis didn't really have anything specific in mind but he didn't want his present to be something like flowers. He was buying flowers for Harry almost every day either way, so he wanted his present to be more...special.

And there he saw it.

It was the prettiest dress he's ever seen. A white knee-length dress with red and pink roses in it. It looked so soft and pretty, but at the same time so comfortable. He wanted to get this dress for Harry. Just the thought of his partner wearing this beautiful dress was making him fall in love with them again and again.

Work Text:
It all started when Louis was out for grocery shopping.

It was Harry's birthday today and he wanted to surprise them with a nice meal, and maybe buy a present for them. Louis knew Harry had a unique style and, considering his partner was gender fluid, it could be different every day. And that's one of the reasons why they preferred shopping clothes alone but of course Louis always loved spoiling his baby from time to time.

So, since Harry was working for the next four hours, Louis decided to get everything ready and cook Harry's favorite meal for them. Chicken, stuffed with mozzarella, wrapped in parma ham with some homemade mash potatoes.

To be honest, Louis was a shit cook, but at this point he could make this dish with his eyes closed.

After all, this dish had a big connection with his relationship with Harry. It was the first dish he ever cooked for anyone (and the first time he cooked in general...). It was two years ago, on his and Harry's first date.

At first they were planning on going to a restaurant for their date, but after some...really bad luck (the restaurant got on fire) (yes, kinda crazy) Louis offered to go to his house instead. Harry was a bit sceptical at first, but ended up agreeing.

Here comes two years later, all because of that bad luck, they were not only in a relationship, but also living together.

It was difficult at first, considering that neither Harry's parents or Louis' children approved of their relationship because of the big age difference. You see, when they first met, Harry was 23 and Louis 40.

Louis had to do a lot of things to do to prove to Harry's parents that he wasn't just "using" their child but he actually loved them with all his heart.

Same with Harry, they had to prove somehow to Louis' children that they weren't with their father just for his money.

Now, both their families know that what Louis and Harry have is only pure love and, of course, they're very accepting of their relationship together.

So, after Louis bought all the ingredients for their favorite meal, he was just looking around for something to buy for H. He didn't really have anything specific in mind but he didn't want his present to be something like flowers. He was buying flowers for Harry almost every day either way, so he wanted his present to be more...special.

And there he saw it.

It was the prettiest dress he's ever seen. A white knee-length dress with red and pink roses in it. It looked so soft and pretty, but at the same time so comfortable. He wanted to get this dress for Harry. Just the thought of his partner wearing this beautiful dress was making him fall in love with them again and again.