A Mega Fish Butty(🎀)

trackfive

Summary:

"as you can see, i don't have a lot of cooking ability so...this is ending up a proper car crash"

louis is notoriously bad in the kitchen, but he figured a fish finger sandwich wouldn't be all too hard. what he didn't account for was the disruptive, half-naked cameraman who refused to help him slice a tomato.

Work Text:

"Hi, I'm Louis Tomlinson, and I've accepted Marcus an-...Harry, come on."

Louis pinched the bridge of his nose when his husband came waltzing into the kitchen dressed in nothing but his pants and a pair of ridiculous patterned socks.

"I'm filmin' that video thing, sunshine. The sandwich or whatever."

"I know," Harry singsonged as he glided toward the mess of vegetables that lay in front of Louis.

"Y'can't be in here, especially without clothes."

He reached out to poke Harry's bare stomach, but the man lifted him and plopped him on the countertop before he could. He nuzzled his face deep in the crook of Louis' neck, feeling the vibrations of his laugh against his skin. Louis wasn't sure what had gotten into Harry. He knew his husband was a fan of lifting him to sit on tables or countertops, maybe it was something to do with their height difference, but rarely did he ambush him like this. Considering Louis hardly ever cooked there were very few opportunities to sneak up behind him, but this was far from the first time he'd done it.

"Nobody will see me if I'm your cameraman," Harry reasoned, resurfacing and cupping the sides of his face. "Or you could put it off," he murmured between needy kisses, "and pay attention to me instead."

Harry's lips were very convincing, but Louis broke away once he found himself burying his fingers in the hair at the nape of Harry's neck.

"I've already been puttin' it off, darling. Was s'posed t'have it done yesterday."

Harry huffed and tapped his hands impatiently on his husband's thighs, but a quick tug on the handful of his hair melted any fight he had left, turning him to putty in Louis' hands.

"Later, gorgeous."

Seeing his raised eyebrows and with the promise of after I've finished, Harry was placated. He stole one last kiss and placed his hands on Louis' waist when he hopped down.

"Can I still work the camera?"

"Only if y'get some trousers. You're gonna distract me with that thing hangin' 'round," he said in reference to the bulge straining against Harry's boxer shorts. Harry wiggled his hips before strutting away, fully aware of how good his arse looked when he walked so theatrically.

"That's obscene!" Louis called after him, getting an echoing laugh in return.

By the time a mostly-clothed Harry got back, the sandwich making journey had already begun. He watched from the doorway for a bit, going unnoticed as he took in every single detail of Louis. The way his fringe swooped perfectly over his forehead, how he nodded along with the video he watched, even slipping his hands in his pockets was enough to make Harry look on fondly.

"Alright, cool."

"Could you at least try to sound excited?"

Louis jumped, unaware that he had company, and Harry couldn't help but laugh at his dramatic reaction.