I'd Never Hurt You (🎀)

By:@/Larryswonderworld on AO3

PLEASE READ THE TAGS FIRST^^‼️

Summary:

In which Harry gets beaten by a homophobic asshole, Harry's parents are sure that Louis is the one who causes the bruises on Harry's body, Louis just wants to help.

[I LOVE ANNE, I'M SURE SHE WOULD NEVER HURT LOUIS LIKE THIS!]

Work Text:

The first time Harry got home with a bruise that wasn't caused by his clumsiness was after he went to a club with his friends. It was a normal Friday night, and it was his best friend Nick's twentieth birthday.
He had to be honest, it hurt a lot when he walked upstairs. He was wincing when he opened the door to his and his boyfriend's appartment. With a soft click, the door fell in the lock. Harry shrugged off his coat and inhaled sharply at the pain.
"Haz!" Louis said happily when he noticed that his boyfriend was home. "How was the party?"
"Fun," Harry lied, not looking in Louis' eyes. He walked into his arms. "Missed you," he murmured. "Wish you came with me." He tried not to sound desperate, as if something had overcome him. But oh, how much he wished his boyfriend was at the party to save him...
"You know that I don't like Nick," Louis smiled sadly in Harry's brown curls. "But I'm glad you had fun."
They stood there like that for a few moments, until they both broke off the hug. "D'you want tea or do you want to go to sleep?" Louis asked him.
"'S a bit late and I'm tired, so I'm going to sleep. Is that okay?" Harry yawned and stretched his arms, immediately regretting it when a sharp pain rushed through his stomach. Louis, who was checking his phone for the time, didn't notice Harry's pained expression. "Yeah, yeah sure thing babe. I'll follow in a sec, keep my side warm will you?" he asked while winking cheekily.
Harry laughed and walked towards their bedroom. "Don't let me want too long, wanna cuddle you."
When he was out of Louis' sight, Harry's smile dropped. How was he going to hide his bruise?! Louis was definitely going to find out, and Harry hated it when Louis' got all sad and teary eyed. And maybe he didn't want to be judged by Louis. He didn't want Louis to think of him as a coward, someone who could not defend himself.
Carefully not to bend too much and hurt himself again, Harry slipped off his pants and shirt, changing into his boxers and oversized t-shirt. He hoped Louis wouldn't notice that he wore PJ's, what he normally never did, because he would ask questions and Harry wasn't sure if he could handle them.
He brushed his teeth, and climbed under the covers.
"Your mum called, few minutes before you came home," Louis announced when he walked into the room. "Wanted us to visit in two week."
"Do you want to?" Harry asked.
"Of course! I love your mum, you know that Haz," Louis changed into his pajamas and walked into the attached bathroom. "Gemma is going to be there too, so it will be a big family meet up!"
Harry smiled fondly. He loved it when Louis' talked about himself like that, like he was part of the family. Which he was! His mum, sister and stepdad absolutely adored the petite, Peter Pan-ish boy. They loved him the moment he brought him home for the first time, five years ago, when they were just 16 and 18 year old boys.
"Let's hope mum will bake that lemon cake again, I loved it."
"I love you more," Louis grinned while diving on the bed.
Harry giggled at his playfulness. "Sap," lovingly, he kissed away the toothpaste that was stuck in the corner of Louis' mouth.
Louis blushed. "Thanks," he laid down on the bed and went to cuddle Harry, but the moment he put his arms around Harry's waist, Harry flinched and bit back a pained scream.
Louis unwrapped his arm faster than light and sat up. "What the- Harry? Are you okay?"
"I- yeah, um, your arm was just cold, 's all," Harry stammered.
"Harry, don't lie to me," Louis said sternly. He tried to look Harry in his eyes, but the lanky boy's back was facing him and he didn't make a move to turn around.
"There's nothing wrong!" Harry shouted.
The room went dead silent and Harry closed his eyes in regret. He rarely shouted at Louis, and he felt how his heart clenched.
Louis was a bit taken back, but instead of getting mad at the green eyed boy, he slid out of the bed and walked towards Harry's side. He kneeled next to the bed, and looked the boy in his eyes. "Harry, sweetheart, please. I can't help you if you don't tell me what's wrong. Did I hurt you? I'm sorry if I did, but please tell me what's wrong!"
Harry let out a choked sob and reached for Louis' hand. "No, Lou, it's not you I swear!" He panicked. "I just have this little bruise on my belly and you touched it. It's okay, I swear, it doesn't hurt that much!"
"Can I see?" His ocean blue eyes were full of concern and worry.
"I mean-"
"Harry."
Harry avoided his eyes, but still sat up. For a moment, it looked like he wasn't going to lift his shirt but eventually he did. When Louis saw the black, dark purple bruise, he let out a heartbreaking sob. "Oh my god.." He said with both his hands clasped in front of his mouth.
"I swear, it looks worse than it is and-"
"My poor baby," Louis whispered with tears in his eyes. "Who did this to you?"
"One of Nick's friends," Harry said sadly. "He was.. He was not so fond of me being.. Being gay," he whispered the last part. "He was new to the group, I didn't know him. We were talking a bit at the bar about stuff, but when I started talking about you he just kinda got mad I guess. Said I was a fag and that I shouldn't have come tot he party and stuff."
"And Nick let him?" Louis asked angry. "The fucking- unbelievable. I'm going to kill 'em both, I swear."
"No, Lou, Nick doesn't know!" Harry said quickly. "I went home right after Tom kicked me."
"His name is Tom?" Louis said. "Such an asshole name."
"One of your best friends name is Tom, babe," Harry giggled.
Louis gave him a pointed look and then stood up. "Haz, babe, I'm going to get something to put on it, ice or summat, okay? And I'll cuddle you very carefully after that, sweetheart. It will be alright."