Soulmate Stuff(🎀)

By:@/sunflower_vol91  on AO3

PLEASE READ THE TAGS FIRST^^‼️

Summary:

Harry stresses himself out over Uni work to the point of a panic attack, but Louis knows just how to make everything better. It’s soulmate stuff, really.

Work Text:

Harry's knuckles were turning white from his near death grip on the pencil, trying his absolute hardest not to throw it against the wall. His head was pounding, feeling as though his brain was being poked at repeatedly with needles. He could practically feel the nausea building up in his stomach and considering the fact that throwing up was one of his major phobias definitely didn't help the situation.

He was working on his third paper of the day— well night at this point— and he couldn't remember a time when he was more frustrated. It was only Tuesday and he felt like he was drowning in coursework. 

School was always important to him, but there'd be times like these where he'd wear himself out and spend hours upon hours finishing whatever assignments he needed to do. And the thing was, he didn't necessarily have to finish all of these papers in one night, he just chose to. One was due Friday and the other two were due a week from then. So why was he rushing to finish them all in one sitting?

Because he's a perfectionist and a persistent little shit (as his boyfriend likes to call him). Speaking of his boyfriend, Louis has told him multiple times to take breaks and plan out his assignments rather than force himself to do them all in one day. But Harry, being the stubborn boy he is, chooses not to listen.

It's no one's fault but his own, really. Even growing up his mum would have to constantly remind him that he doesn't need to have perfect grades and polished papers every time he submits something. Harry just can't do that, though. His brain is wired in a quite inconvenient manner in a way that makes him feel like everything he turns in has to be even better than the previous stuff.

It sucks and it's super fucking annoying but he doesn't know how else to fix the problem. So instead, he just pushes through and stays up as late as he has to so that he'll keep his straight A's. 

"Stupid. Fucking. Uni," he huffs in annoyance, eyes blurring with tears at the realization that he still has to write another paragraph before he can move onto the conclusion.

He squeezes his eyes shut in an attempt to keep the inevitable tears from falling, but it doesn't work, and within just a few seconds he's dropping the pencil and leaning back against the chair. His shoulders slump down and so does his head, hands coming up so he can bury his face into his palms.

The sound of cars passing by and some honking at each other seem to get louder, overwhelming his senses because then his ears start ringing. His breath quickens and his tears multiply, chest heaving as he stands up on shaky legs. 

Despite his pounding head and racing heart, it doesn't take long for him to realize he was having a panic attack. It's happened before when he's worked himself too hard just like this, but every now and then he'll get one out of nowhere. Both are equally horrifying and every time it happens he wants nothing more than to be in Louis' arms.

Right.

Louis.

He scrambles to find his phone, snatching it once he finds it wedged between a textbook and a stack of papers. He types in his code with shaky fingers, almost backing out on calling Louis in fear that he'd annoy him which he knows would literally never happen, but the state of mind he was in didn't understand that. He presses his contact and calls him anyway.