"Had My Wisdom Teeth Out Recently, Ruthless Stuff!"(2)(🎀)

trackfive

Chapter 2: the aftermath

Summary:

got a really great idea from one of the comments (thank you!!!!! <3), couldn't help myself! so here's a bonus chapter, complete with milkshakes, cuddles, and a unique way to pass the time

Chapter Text

"Harryyyyyyyyy..."

"What, baby?"

"Mouth hurts," Louis whined, and Harry drew in a steadying breath. It wasn't that he didn't want to care for Louis, he wanted nothing more than to give his husband all of the attention in the world and more, but it seemed even that wouldn't be enough to satisfy his needs.

"Really? You haven't mentioned it."

"Don' be rude, 'm an invalid." He did his best to pout despite his numb, swollen lips.

"Oh yes, 'cos getting your mouth poked at leaves you bedridden," Harry patronized him, and Louis huffed. "You know I'm joking, don't give me that grouchy face!"

"Give y'whatev'r face I wanna."

"Grouchy," Harry singsonged, standing from the sofa and ruffling Louis' hair.

"Not grouchy," he smacked Harry's hands out of the way and made a disgruntled noise, not helping to support his argument.

Harry hummed in faux-agreement, busying himself in the kitchen to ignore the theatrical groans and sighs coming from the room behind him. A few minutes of whinging and moaning passed unacknowledged while Harry took care of the dishes from their lunch.

Louis' promised milkshake had been delicious and clumsily poured into his mouth. Seeing as it was only a few hours post-operation he still couldn't feel his face, so he kept whacking his chin and spilling the chocolate all over himself and their light-coloured sofa. Worried that he would chip a tooth on the glass, Harry decided to take charge, armed with a spoon - much to Louis' dismay as he was not a child, H, lemme do it. Harry refused to give it back, but Louis really would do anything for that milkshake...so he gave in and opened his mouth.

Once the dishes were washed and the sticky countertops cleaned, the only sign of life was the jingling of Clifford's collar as he came trotting up at his side. Harry scratched under his chin and grabbed a biscuit from the massive jar on the counter. The happy dog bounded away, holding the bone in his mouth like a treasured prize. Thinking Louis had fallen asleep, Harry flicked off the lights, but an indignant noise from behind him meant he'd assumed wrong. That was yet another thing to add to Louis' list of injustices and the muffled complaints were getting old, so Harry walked over to stand behind the couch right above Louis who looked up at him with brows furrowed.

"Louis, my darling husband, my sweet angel, the one and only love of my life," Harry held the sides of his head carefully, tilting it back to tenderly kiss his forehead, "what the fuck can I do for you now?"

Louis put his head forward and pulled up his hood, covering his eyes. Sighing, Harry climbed over the back of the couch to settle right next to his pouty boy, arm around him over top of the cushions.

"What is it, baby?"

Louis slowly shuffled to face him, lifting his legs up to swing over Harry's, wrapping his arms around his neck, and scooting closer to cling to him like a koala.