Egg On Face(🎀)

frootylarry

Summary:
Louis' boss invites him and his husband Harry to dinner. Louis wants to make a good impression, but his husband has a tendency to drink too much and say exactly what's on his mind.

*****

When Harry heard his husband Louis walk in through the door, he had expected it to be the same routine it had been since he first started working for the top-notch book publishing company in the city three months ago.

Since Louis was the newest, most unexperienced employee, he basically just did everything his boss, Mr. Harvey, would tell him to do. Louis worked in the department that handled all the legal issues behind a book, like copyright and distribution, which basically meant a lot of paperwork and phone calls on top of being his boss' glorified assistant.

Most times Louis would come home exhausted and fall into his husband's arms, who would give him a foot rub and a hot cuppa.

Then Louis would tell him all about how his boss overworked him and that he really was a dickhead at times, and Harry would just massage his husband's scalp, relaxing him until he fell asleep.

He knew Louis really did love his job though, working for such a prestigious company, and he was constantly working towards a promotion, so he could have more control over his working hours and of course, get a larger paycheck.

Harry would tell him that he had just started, they wouldn't give it to him yet, but Louis insisted on getting on his boss's good side so he'll have a better chance.

He wanted the best for his little family- his beautiful Harry and their cat Serendipity.

That's why he put up with Mr. Harvey's unnecessary lectures whenever Louis forgot to forward an e-mail or something dumb like that, or the times he would completely disregard any ideas Louis pitched to him because "that wasn't his department".

Harry was pleasantly surprised though, when he noticed a large grin on Louis' face as he sauntered into the kitchen, where Harry had already set the kettle up for his tea.

"What's got you in such a good mood?", Harry asked as Louis pulled him in for his welcome-home kiss.

"Nothing, nothing, just a conversation I had with my boss today", Louis replied, wrapping himself around his husband's back as Harry stirred the tea.

"Mr. Harvey? You hate him", Harry handed Louis his special mug and leaned back against the kitchen island.

"Yes, dear, I'm aware," Louis took the mug from his hands and sat on the counter, "But today he pulled me over before I left and he says, 'Mr. Tomlinson, you have been an excellent worker since I ever first employed you. I see real potential in you, real potential'."

Harry stifled a laugh as he watched his husband impersonate Mr. Harvey almost perfectly, " 'How's about you come to my abode', yeah, he actually says abode. On purpose. Anyway, he's like 'how's about you come over to my abode for dinner tomorrow night with your wife? We could discuss ways you could advance in your career, hmm?' Of course I had to remind him that I was in fact married to a man, but isn't that great, babe? This might mean a promotion!"

"Oh, that's incredible, Lou, I'm so proud of you, baby!", Harry said, pulling him in for a hug then kissing him long and hard.

Louis pulled away, a few centimeters between him and Harry's face, thumb rubbing against Harry's hip.

"Mm, celebratory sex?" he suggested.

"Definitely... Usually you come home dead tired after work, I like this," Harry got out before Louis attacked his mouth and ran his hands down his husband's chest. Somehow, they made it to their bedroom completely bare. When Louis had Harry laid down, a thought flitted through his head.