Sunday, January 2nd

Lena wakes up by the birds singing outside. She hasn't slept well on the air bed she bought in the store. She looks at her phone and sees a message from Alex. 

'I told Kara to stay home because I ordered something and that thing is getting delivered later. You have nothing to worry about!' Alex says in the message. 

'Thanks! I will let you know when I come.' Lena texts back. 

She puts on a scarf to cover the slid wound on her throat. Lena goes outside to walk in the shopping street. The stores have just opened. Lena knows exactly how she is going to surprise Kara. She goes to the nearest florist and buys the biggest bouquet of red roses. 

Also, she asks the florist to send a bouquet over to Maisie. If it wasn't for her she would be either stuck with her family or she would be dead. 

And in another store, Lena buys a present for Alex. It's a black smartwatch it was on Alex her Christmas list but she didn't get it. It would be the perfect way to thank her for everything she has done. 

She quickly goes to her apartment and gathers all the stuff and then she heads over to the Danvers' house. She takes the bus that takes her to the bus stop she had set foot on so many times. On the bus she texts Alex she is coming over. The people sitting on the bus other than Lena are looking at the big bouquet of roses with question marks appearing above their heads. Lena is just a bit nervous. She should not but she still is. 

When the bus comes near Lena presses the stop button and the bus stops. Lena struggles to get off with all the roses and it looks pretty funny. Now she just has to walk to Kara's house. It's a two-minute walk but it seems endless now to Lena. 

When she arrives she hesitates a second but presses the doorbell.

'COMING' she hears Kara yell from the hall. Lena chuckles and feels immediately warm inside as she hears her girlfriends' voice. 

The bouquet is so big Kara can't even see Lena's face yet. She is just looking at many roses. 

'Flowers? Oh okay. Thank you, have a nice day.' Kara says in a bit of a surprised voice. 

'You are welcome.' Lena says in her Irish accent. 

Kara takes the flowers down and her mouth drops at the sight of her girlfriend standing in front of her. 'LENA?!' she says as she hugs Lena tightly. She also pulls in for a kiss. Lena enjoys the kiss very much. 

And when she pulls away she sees Kara having tears in her eyes. She goes in for another hug. 'I just can't believe you're here.' she says. 

Lena is so happy to see Kara. All the trouble was certainly worth this moment. She can only smile at this moment. 

'I missed you so much!' Lena says. 

Kara and Lena look each other deep in the eyes and smile. 'I love you.' Kara says. 

Kara grabs Lena her hand. 'Come inside.' 

'Alex! Lena is back!' Kara cheers. 

Alex stands up to hug Lena. 'Geez, what a surprise.' she says sarcastically. 

The girls sit down on the couch. Kara very closely to Lena and holding Lena's hand, giving a kiss on it every few minutes. Alex is taking a photo of the reunited girlfriends. 

'How are you here?' Kara asks. 

'It's a very long story. I had a lot of trouble coming here but it was worth it!' Lena says while pressing another kiss on Kara her face. 

'What was the trouble?' Kara asks out of curiosity. 

'Here we go... My brother found out about you and me. He told me Luthors don't fall in love or can't be a lesbian it's not good for the family name. He broke my phone and threw it out of the window. Then he got me a ban for flying. I couldn't fly from Ireland or England. Alex found a friend I could join. I flew to NY from NY to the airport and then took the bus. Then after I got the apartment key I went for groceries. Then my brother threatened me with a knife and made a cut on my throat and later threatened me with a gun. If it wasn't for this girl called Maisie with her self-made blackout gun I would have been either working for my family or dead.' Lena rambles.