Wednesday, December 29th

Lena and Kara get rudely woken by the alarm. It's the alarm that practically screams: 'LENA HAS TO LEAVE IN THREE HOURS!' Kara whines when she hears the alarm ringing.

She wraps her arms around Lena. 'Please, I don't want you to leave.' She says.

Lena sighs and looks at Kara her blue eyes. 'Believe me. I don't want to either.' She says.

'When are we gonna see each other again?' Kara asks while yawning. 

'I don't know. When I'm home I'm gonna look when I can fly back again. But I'm not sure when that will be.' Lena admits.

Of course, Lena already knows she is gonna be back soon. But she doesn't want to hurt Kara because she doesn't know when she will be back. It can be in a few days but also a week or more.

Lena has packed everything last night already. That makes it easier for now. Lena wishes she just could drop her stuff at the apartment but unfortunately she gets the key on January first.

'Babe?' Kara says. She pulls Lena out of her daydream.

'Hmm...' Lena answers.

'Are you alright?'

'I think so, just daydreaming.' she says.

Kara and Lena stay in bed a little longer. After that, they get dressed, in each other's sweaters. Lena also puts on her comfy pant. That's because she has to drive three hours to get to the airport and then fly for another 9-10 hours.

They make their way downstairs and join Eliza and Alex at the dinner table. Eliza made breakfast. It's blueberry pancakes and smoothies. Lena her favorite in the time staying at the Danvers' house. 

'I'm going to miss you, Lena.' Eliza says. She took a day off work just to say goodbye to the exchange student.

'Me too. I'm going to miss you all. Hopefully, I'll be back soon. I will keep you updated.' Lena says.

'That will be great. If you need anything you can always just text.' Eliza says.

'You can also text me.' Alex adds.

Lena smiles. 'Thanks for making me feel at home around here. I'm gonna miss this.'

She gets a hug from all. From Kara, she gets a long hug. I'm not ready for you to leave.'

After breakfast Lena, and Kara goes upstairs. Kara is helping Lena put the last bit of things in her suitcase. Things like her toothbrush and toiletries she couldn't put in last night.

When Lena comes back from the bathroom she sees Kara sitting on her bed while inhaling the scent of Lena's hoodie. She is crying.

'Darling come here!' She says while wrapping her emotional girlfriend in a hug.

'Hey, It's gonna be alright.' Lena assures Kara.

'Why doesn't it feel like that?'

'Because we both know something important is going to change all of a sudden.' Lena says.

'I knowwwww.' She whines. 'That's why it's so bad...' Kara continues.

Kara cries out on Lena's shoulder. She doesn't notice Lena has tears rolling over her face too. A few minutes later Kara pulls out of the hug but sees Lena crying too.

She sighs and chuckles. 'Lee, you don't have to hide your tears from me.'

Lena nods her head. 'I know. It's just the fact that I wanted to stay strong. Well, that didn't succeed.'