Saturday, December 11th

It's Saturday night Kara and Lena are home alone. Alex is at a party and Eliza has to work late.

'Can we please order pizza?' Kara whines.

'I don't like pizza.' Lena states.

'That's it. Get your suitcase and get on the plane back home.' Kara teases.

Lena gives Kara a little push.

'Aren't you interested in typical Irish food?' Lena asks.

'Depends.' Kara says as she turns the tv off and walks over to Lena.

'If I say pancakes. What do you say?'

At this point, Kara is practically jumping up and down on the couch. 'Yes, pancakes. Yes!'

'Okay let's go to the store.' Lena smiles proudly.

After walking for almost 10 minutes in the freezing cold. Lena and Kara arrive at the store.

'I have also a dessert idea. Are you okay with that?'

'Of course!' Kara says with twinkeling eyes.

'Okay, these are the things we need to get.'

-flower
-salt
-baking powder
-potatoes
-mashed potatoes
-butter
-whole milk
-apples
-apple jam
-sugar
-custard
-spices
-cake mix

Kara frowns 'These ingredients don't sound like pancake ingredients.' Lena smirks but just goes on talking like nothing happened.

'Oh, and I know you so let's make some extra food with another recipe because you eat a lot.' Lena continues.

'Yeah, sorry I can't help it but I do.' Kara shrugs.

'Okay, so we also need some things to make a st... Well, another great thing.'

-stew
-bread
-cheese
-tomato
-lettuce
-sauce

The two girls make their way through the supermarket and grab everything they need. Except for the fact that Kara puts unhealthy food in their basket every few minutes and Lena puts it back when Kara isn't looking.

When fighting for deciding who has to pay Lena wins so Lena pays for all the food. Kara is chewing on her chocolate fudge with a crinkle on her face from irritation.

Together they walk towards Kara her home with the heavy groceries. Lena and Kara are both holding one handle of the bag. This way the weight of the groceries is split.

When the girls arrive home they put down her bag. Kara has her jacket off in no time and takes Lena's jacket for her.

'Well, thank you, dear.' Lena says in her Irish accent.

They make their way to the kitchen. Lena unpacks all the ingredients while something happens. Kara loses herself over staring at Lena.

When looking from this point Lena looks really good. With her black long hair in a ponytail but also her green fierce eyes. Shining bright in the dark evening.

'Kara, hello, earth to KARA!' Lena yells.

'Yeah, yeah I'm here. Just drifted away for a second.' Kara says while nodding.

Lena starts instructing Kara in what to do and does the most important things herself. She's really passionate about the fact she wants everything from the food to be perfect for Kara to taste.

At some point Kara interrupts Lena. 'Are you ever going to tell me what we are eating?'

'Okay, okay, fine.' Listen carefully and just pretend you like everything because I know you will eventually.

'We will start off with my original Irish steak hamburgers, after that, we will eat some Boxty. Those are Irish potato pancakes. And as for dinner, we have warm apple cake with custard.' Lena explains.

'Most things sound pretty delicious. I'm not sure about the pancakes.' Kara says.

'I think you will like it! And if you don't I'm sure Alex and Eliza want to taste it.'

Kara hums in response. The girls continue working in the kitchen. Lena instructs Kara on what to do.

After an hour almost all the meals have been prepared. Kara sits down at the table as Lena prepares the last bit of the steak burgers. She adds the vegetables and her signature sauce. It's a secret recipe she learnt herself by cooking the meal over and over again. She had hours of work on it. That's why nobody can know...

Lena serves the plates. 'This looks delicious!' Kara exclaims.

'Well, I hope you'll like it. Enjoy!' Lena cheers.

'Enhjoy.' Kara mumbles with her mouth full of food.

After the two dishes of the steak hamburger and the boxty's (pancakes) all Kara can do is smile.

'Thanks, Lena. This was so delicious!'

'The best is still to come! The apple cake is my favorite part. It's originally a kid recipe but I just love it too much!' Lena smiles.

'I'm still a kid inside so I won't mind.' Kara snickers.

The dark-haired girl serves the warm apple cake with custard. Kara enjoys it so much she completely licks the leftover custard from the plate.

Lena just sits on the couch watching Kara licking the plate while chewing on her last bite of the apple cake. Lena chuckles at her sight. Kara looks kinda cute like this.

'This was amazing!' Kara says while licking her lips. 'You have to teach me how to make this.'

Lena chuckles. 'Of course, I will teach you. It will be my pleasure. But first...'

Lena chuckles as she leans in at Kara and wipes some leftover custard off her nose.

'You left a little bit.' Lena says when Kara gets all flustered. She doesn't know what to say. It's just her face that gets all red in seconds of time.

Lena on the other hand knows exactly what to say. 'You look cute when you are embarrassed.'

Kara snaps. 'I'm not embarrassed.'

'Okay, okay, whatever you say.' Lena shrugs.

'Want another slice of cake?'

'Of course, I do! You know me.' Kara says. 

But in the meantime, without really realizing it, Kara only thinks about how Lena just called her cute. 

A/N: Hey everyone, Okay I just loved writing this chapter. It's so cute. Happy saturday <3